So, am I now running Nougat??!!

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

^^^
Right, Mustang. My response was to dispel any thought that what I was actually installing yesterday was simply the September 6 patch...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
There's a MM security patch which is what you're on, then there's the Nougat update with the security patch for September included. You were likely on an earlier build right before the MM September security patch, so the phone updated to the next update. I just used the zip from the the developer site to upgrade to Nougat. I never got a prompt to upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Then, there's the post Nougat September security patch that I got yesterday.

It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto Z

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
So I noticed tonight that there are two Nougat OTA zips posted. The latest has a different checksum than the one I downloaded a week ago...

doniago

The latest one seems to have fixed a bluetooth issue I was having, and I believe has some battery improvements. I recommend it.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
I'm noticing that too, I'm seeing what looks like the effects of Doze actually working after flashing the latest zip.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Horrible.
bc70f7a285547069a1a30626894bb6d5.jpg

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
This was in my pocket most of the time but at work in a warehouse where signal is minimal and had FB messenger notifications going as well. It's the best it's been for me yet.

8c49428896d69a43e9a5131a5b9d5ddb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Received the same 'notice' (i.e. that 7.0 had been downloaded, and asking if I wished to install it) today which last week prompted me to start this thread. Once again I clicked "install" and, lo and behold, it actually installed it this time. Now, let's see if I have the same battery issues as others have experienced...o_O