SOLUTION: Can't Send SMS Text Messages

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
If you are unable to SEND an SMS Text Message and they get stuck in Unsent Messages:

Messages, Menu, Settings, Call Back Number. Your Call back number can NOT contain dashes or any other symbols. If you put in, for example 212-555-1212 it will break outgoing SMS Text Messaging. Remove the dashes to fix!

If that doesn't work, you can also just reset the SMS Settings: Open Messages app, click on Menu, select Settings, click on Menu again, and finally select "Restore Default Settings" This will restore the default SMS / MMS settings only.

Last edited:

R24D24

Reaction score
can anybody tell me if i can attach a video to a text message on my HTC droid

Yes, yes you can! You can go to sms and hit the menu button and attach a current video or shoot one to attach. Or, you can go to videos and use the menu to send it in an sms.

Reusable

Reaction score
Outgoing Text Solution for Droid Incredible

Wow...someone who knows what they're doing. I spent at least and hour on the phone last night with a Tier II Technician. My Incredible stopped sending text. The Tier I Tech had me remove the battery. The Tier II Tech had me reboot the phone twice and has set up an appointment for a call back tonight to walk me through a hard reset. I always get a little concerned when people start fishing for answers when they don't really have a viable solution.

This solution works folks. It took me 10 seconds to remove the dashes. I went to the undeliverable folder and selected resend messages. Everything disappeared.

Thank you for the solution.