sorry off topic, but important

estafusisx

Reaction score
I don't get it.. u don't want the update?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
linuxmel

linuxmel

Reaction score
I don't get it.. u don't want the update?

I can't believe you ask that :) I dont want the update when I have GB 2.3.3 The D1 has been out more than 2 yrs, and Verizon is just coming out with this update? Try to get that from Big Red.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Pretty sure you shouldn't get the notification for the update since the buildprop is up to date

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aj8600

Reaction score
you can disable the OTA updates in raidzero recovery i believe

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I think CWM recovery also will block it.
Do not accept it as it will more than likely unroot your phone.
The shiny bells are to distract to screw those rooted.
They want us eager to buy again, and with a rooted OG that is working well, I ain't in no rush2push....

adsfa34

Reaction score
yep -- it's pretty much already been said here ...

1) you shouldn't even receive the notification that there is an OTA update
2) clockworkmod recovery would block it anyway

pretty straightforward

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I don't want this update either I don't know how to reject it. I have not flashed a ROM yet, but am rooted and have enjoyed how much better my little one has worked since.

Do you think... that they are pushing this Update to see who is accepting it whereby tagging those who "may" be rooted. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't want this update either I don't know how to reject it. I have not flashed a ROM yet, but am rooted and have enjoyed how much better my little one has worked since.

Do you think... that they are pushing this Update to see who is accepting it whereby tagging those who "may" be rooted. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

my guess is that this update is only to fix said issues nothing more nothing less verizon/moto is taking care of the customers who are not rooted
i dont think verizon really cares about the rooted users either or would try to block us from rooting and rom moto had that stance but is starting to change course which is nice since they really do make great phones

adsfa34

Reaction score
You can block the update by downloading ROM Manager and flashing ClockworkMod Recovery,

OR

You can also modify the build.prop to reflect the most current version.

But, I don't know why you wouldn't want it, bc as cush already said it's just a bug fix. If you notice a difference, it will likely be something that didn't work quite right that does now. That's about it.

Hope that clarifies. :)

Sent from Sourcery

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
eclair launcher!
moto-blur!

BEST.UPDATE.EVER.

I have no idea what you mean by this post?
Are you referring to cushzero latest weekly, verizon's ota or do you work at a bakery and after close you launch eclairs at people so they can get their yum on for free.

What is moto-blur? A phone?

Also even if you think the OG OTA update is good fix for any issues, it may well unroot your phone. So be aware.

adsfa34

Reaction score
eclair launcher!
moto-blur!

BEST.UPDATE.EVER.

Are you referring to cushzero latest weekly, verizon's ota or do you work at a bakery and after close you launch eclairs at people so they can get their yum on for free.

Also even if you think the OG OTA update is good fix for any issues, it may well unroot your phone. So be aware.

he's making a joke... some of the most notable FAILS of Moto/Android have been the Eclair (Google: "vanilla" Android version 2.1) launcher and MotoBlur (by Motorola, the skin on the Droid X, 2, 2G, Pro...pretty much all of them except the D1).

... i got it ... and i LOLed :D

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Now I see and I am LOLing a LOT
eclair launcher!
moto-blur!

BEST.UPDATE.EVER.

he's making a joke... some of the most notable FAILS of Moto/Android have been the Eclair (Google: "vanilla" Android version 2.1) launcher and MotoBlur (by Motorola, the skin on the Droid X, 2, 2G, Pro...pretty much all of them except the D1).

... i got it ... and i LOLed :D