(Source) Droid 2 apk's

chrstdvd

Reaction score

youngti

Reaction score
Additional apk's

Question, it looks like many or all of the apk's have an associated odex file. How would we go about adding them in?

OP
chrstdvd

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Question, it looks like many or all of the apk's have an associated odex file. How would we go about adding them in?

Wild guess. Adb method: push both files
system/app. Then cd to system/app and type "install whatever.apk" then sync and then reboot.

or using file explorer:
Xfer files to sd card. Open file explorer, multi select the files. Copy them, navigate to/ system/app, paste them, touch the apk and choose install.

Or usr astro: put riles in download folder on sd card, then use astro to go into. The download folder, touch the apk and choose ionstall.

Like I said, educiated guess. I stopped studing this android stuff to learn linux, ya can not do jack in java or android till ya learn linux.

Search the forum for "instal apk" for better inst. On home page.

cgull

Reaction score
I am trying to reinstall CityID.apk and getting an error [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]. Any ideas what it's looking for? I still have com.cequint.platform.jar and com.cequint.platform.odex in my framework dir.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to reinstall CityID.apk and getting an error [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]. Any ideas what it's looking for? I still have com.cequint.platform.jar and com.cequint.platform.odex in my framework dir.

I'm hoping pc747 see's this post, I believe he can help. Let me bump the post at least.

cgull

Reaction score

I'm hoping pc747 see's this post, I believe he can help. Let me bump the post at least.

I grabbed the D2G system dump and it installs fine any one needing D2G system apks should not use D2 versions. Here is the link http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=8yf8...IQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFYY7gKvb31F9aHZNkPQRj62von7g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

jturner3988

Reaction score
Downloaded the stock apks and am trying to reinstall cityid and cardock and for some reason it will not let me. I am using astro. Can anyone help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
chrstdvd

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Downloaded the stock apks and am trying to reinstall cityid and cardock and for some reason it will not let me. I am using astro. Can anyone help.

If the files are on ur sd card in download folder, U should be able to touch while in astro and choose "open app mgr" and then touch "install". What message do U get when U do this?

jturner3988

Reaction score
When I do that the only messesage I get is application not intalled.

jturner3988

Reaction score
My fear is that since I was a idiot and deleted stock apps I will not be able to get any further updates. I deleted cityid, cardock, kindle, skype, nfs shift. Will I need all those back to update?

OP
chrstdvd

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Not so fast please. Uhh, what system are you on 2.2 or 2.3? You will have to get all the apps "bloat" back to upgrade. Might be easier to Flash the sbf back and start over.
You can, if you know all the apps that you deleted put them back one at a time though.

If you have the Android SDK installed on your computer place all the missing apk's and their odex files in the "tools" folder on your computer and then do this:

adb devices

adb shell (prompt is #)

mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

cp citiid.apk /system/app/cityid.apk

(do that for each apk and odex)

mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

exit

OR from the terminal emulator on the phone:

prompt is #

mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

cp /sdcard/download/citiid.apk /system/app/citiid.apk
once for each file.

jturner3988

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I haven't had a chance to do it yet. But I think I am going to perform the sbf later on tonight. Thanks again for all your help.