Still Getting No Signal After Root

R_D

Alright, me again, same problem as before. Except more details this time!

Completely new phone, out of the box a couple weeks ago.

Works perfectly.

Root it, continues to work perfectly until I restart the phone after the root.

EVERY time I root this phone it will work perfect until I reboot for the first time after the root.

After the root everything works correctly aside from it having NO signal whatsoever.

Can't even get texts/calls. It has the circle with the line through it over the signal bars.

I am at a loss as to why it is doing this and would greatly appreciate help because running this stock rom is killing me.

And I have also tried installing a new rom other than stock. Everything will work perfect in the new rom aside from having signal.

Another Edit: This time with helpful information!

Firmware: 5.9.902
Attempted root with Petes Motorola Root Tools - Failed at last step
Second attempt at Root with motofail - Success. - Until restart, no signal after restart
After that I attempted to reflash the phone back to stock with RSDLite. Failed because the phone returned an unexpected size for the system image or something like that.
Same failure twice with RSDLite. Gave up and restarted, have signal again. Everything works for some reason.
I'm going to put a new rom on it tomorrow (I need it today and don't want to worry about the no signal problem again).
Last time I put a new rom on I had the exact same problem of getting no signal. Any help as to why is appreciated. Last attempt was with Liberty.

Edit: Kind of implied but didn't specify in the original post. It has done this before (ever single time I've tried to root), and in order to fix it and get a signal again I have to use the path saver thing.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
I'm unfamiliar with the bionic but letting others know the root method you used may help pinpoint the problem.

OP
R

R_D

I'm unfamiliar with the bionic but letting others know the root method you used may help pinpoint the problem.

I forget exactly where/who the file was from, I'll look when I get home. (At work now)

I know I tried to use PetesMotorolaTools or whatever it is called and that wouldn't work at all, it'd get to the last step then return with a fail.

Edit: I'm going to assume this is something google/verizon did in an update because when I first got the phone, I had no problems whatsoever rooting. Then after a few months the vibrate thing stopped working and one of the speakers was blown so I got a new one through insurance just a few weeks ago and this one with newer firmware and whatnot doesn't seem to want to be rooted.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Yes there are usually different root methods for different firmware versions. When you get a chance, post the root method used as well as your current firware

OP
R

R_D

So I attempted to flash it back to stock using RSDlite and it got to stage 3/5 of flashing and failed. After it failed twice I just restarted my phone, it is still rooted and has signal now (for now). I'm going to see how it goes today and probably attempt to install liberty or whatever rom I decide upon either tomorrow or sunday and see if I still have signal. If not I'll be back bumping this thread. But I still am curious as to what would cause this and why a partial reset fixed it? Cache problem? Something along those lines maybe?

dags5000

Root itself could not really cause this. Root alone is simply an installed binary that allows you to execute commands you normally wouldn't have rights to do. It must be something in the root process or a problem with the phone that causes this but root itself is not the issue

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

debrad0307

If your phone keeps failing in a flash that can cause the issue as of right now. There is a post here called "need some one on one help and a walk through". Read that, you will be able to flash to stock 902 using rsd. Then you can use motofail to root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums