Still using your watch?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, Moto was ahead of the curve first with the MotoACTV in late 2011. It was more fitness-centric, but it included many of the smartwatch features that make up Android Wear today. I've owned one since shortly after launch and have absolutely loved it. Sony's first Smartwatch didn't drop until several months later in the spring of 2012.

That said, they both played big roles in paving the way for where we are today with wearable tech.
Read the history part of this link. Android Wear, in a sense, has been around quite a while
Smartwatch - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Badelhas

Reaction score
Still using my Moto 360. I love it, it's getting better by each update

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I upgraded to the new Google Play Services. It allows you to dismiss the Android wear notification. I can't get it back. It was handy to manage my watch. Now I've had to find a place on my Homescreen for the icon...

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, I upgraded to the new Google Play Services. It allows you to dismiss the Android wear notification. I can't get it back. It was handy to manage my watch. Now I've had to find a place on my Homescreen for the icon...

Sent from my Note 4
I'm probably preaching to the choir but do you have notifications for that app checked in its settings in Application Manager?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm probably preaching to the choir but do you have notifications for that app checked in its settings in Application Manager?
Yeah. It's still checked, but it's not persistent, so it went away when I hit the button to clear all of them & hasn't shown up again.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Sent from my Note 4
I have not received the Play Services update yet. Good to know that when we do we will dismiss the AW notification with the dismiss all button. Might not use that option anymore.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It's still checked, but it's not persistent, so it went away when I hit the button to clear all of them & hasn't shown up again.

Sent from my Note 4
Hopefully they'll add it back for y'all in the next update. They seem to be pretty aggressive at updating AND improving things, not just updates for bug fixes.
Speaking of Play Services, have you gotten a bunch since updating to lollipop? I've gotten 3 to Play Services as well as the Google app itself in just a couple of weeks.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure what you mean, Johnny

TapaTurbo
Unless I misread the change the new Play Services changes will dismiss the always there AW notification when you select the Dismiss All option.
uploadfromtaptalk1429453198180.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Unless I misread the change the new Play Services changes will dismiss the always there AW notification when you select the Dismiss All option. View attachment 74689
Yup. My watch is connected to my phone, bye I have no notification after clearing then all away yesterday.
e1a5493691d6be9248932650624020e8.jpg

Would be nice if you could choose to make it persistent or not.

I updated play services manually from APK mirror.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Would be nice if you could choose to make it persistent or not.

I updated play services manually from APK mirror.

Sent from my Note 4

I wonder if Google is going to roll it out to everyone?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lol. Didn't even think to click that to get into AW. I have a folder of Watch apps on my home screen. I'd like to get rid of the notice on my tray.

261551675c1ce4068d647d81eae84eff.jpg

TapaTurbo

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I kind of like the notification being there all the time also. I am used to using that to know that my watch & phone are connected, and to open Android Wear. From what I read I assume people bombarded Google with requests to dismiss it. Cool, got it....not for everyone. But why go from one extreme to the other? How about choices? If you like the notification always there, have a choice. If you don't....dismiss it and it doesn't come back. Come on Google.....be together but be different. Choices!