Stop VZW website from launching when connecting with USB

splintersoldier

Reaction score
when you connect your droid x to your computer , right click on the motorola icon that's in the icons panel on the bottom right side of the screen and from there goto "When phone connects, launch..." and choose nothing.

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
when you connect you droid x to your computer , right click on the motorola icon that's in the icons panel on the bottom right side of the screen and from there goto "When phone connects, launch..." and choose nothing.

Perfect, thanks!

mrkag

Reaction score
when you connect you droid x to your computer , right click on the motorola icon that's in the icons panel on the bottom right side of the screen and from there goto "When phone connects, launch..." and choose nothing.

Many thanks, indeed!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Mine is set to "Take no action", but still launches the website. It also launches a different website when I have USB Mass Storage set for USB connection.

dougbert

Reaction score
The interesting question is: Is the software being launched already on the PC, or on the phone itself?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, why didn't I think of that. Fail on my part, since I am a computer tech. There are a few motorola services running. I'll play around with them. Thanks man. Silly me, always overthinking things.

Ya, its a service that be shut off . Its called Motoconnect Service. Disabled it and the website no longer opens. PC Mode and USB Disk mode still work just fine too.

mcolie

Reaction score
Thanks ever so Much

That Vz whatsit wanting to load ever time I connect to the phone has been a very serious annoyance - No Longer...
Even more of an annoyance to me because I don't do much if any multimedia stuff (it is a work phone) the computer is Win7/64 and the Vz code won't running on it anyway.....

Thanks again

Matt in Michigan