Stopping Download In Progress

OP
Kamau

Kamau

Reaction score
I tried the airplane mode, but it just started again when I turned it off. I also tried to long press it, but nothing happened.
It is an apk file (rom) that I thought was going to show me an image, but instead was the file itself.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1JP

Reaction score
How can you do it?
I came in here looking for the same answer. I had a vid that I was uploading to F/B and it always said downloading, showed in the box and never moved anywhere. Screwing around with the phone, this is what I found.

1) Click on the icon for "Manage Apps"

2) Click on the icon for "Running". (Across the top there are four icons; "Downloaded", "All', "Media Area" and "RUNNING")

3) You'll find the download in process, long press it and you will be able to delete it.

4) Shut down the phone and restart. It did the trick.

Hope this helps.

leftspin

Reaction score
if you're donwloading an apk file from the market there should be a little x next to it that you can click to cancel the download. I'm a bit confused by what you mean though because an apk file is not a ROM

AMarieIGC

Reaction score
I need to stop this "download" Help please... See attached.

I don't even know if I attached the pic right. But this download just goes on and on. I've tried about everything I know to get rid of it. It does not seem to even be attached to the FB app on my phone. I need to stop it and remove it. Seems harmful to me now.

My phone is an HTC Thunderbolt. This showed up a few days ago. It also sometimes shows a date of December 1969.

:angry: Thanks for any help - AM

Attachments

• damn phone!.jpg
    damn phone!.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 423