stopping LED blink after certain amount of time?

issues636

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the blinking LED, say, after 15 minutes or so? Like, if I go to sleep and get a message, the LED blinks all night til I check it. I know it probably doesn't waste too much battery but I don't like charging my phone overnight so I don't overcharge it, yet I need the phone to last the entire day the next day. So is there any way to get the LED to stop blinking if I don't check it for 15 minutes? Any apps or phone settings I might have overlooked?

ShowTime

Reaction score
In normal settings, no. Might want to check out Missed Call on the market. I'm not sure, but it might have the ability to do this.
But also, that LED uses next to no power so there's really no need to worry about it. And you can leave you phone plugged in overnight every night. There is zero risk of overcharging. The battery stops charging once it's full and just runs off the A/C current until unplugged.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
Oh really? I didn't know that it stopped charging and just ran off the A/C. I'm used to my older phones where the battery would last like 2 hours at a time after a while of overcharging it. Lol. That's really good to know. I'm not even gonna bother checking out Missed Call now that I know that. And I kinda figured the LED didn't waste much battery, but I just wanted to do it as a just incase, ya know? Cause I have no access to a charger from like 7 in the morning til around 9 at night so I really don't wanna take the chance of my battery dying in the middle of the day.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I understand and had similar issues with older phones as well. I'm not letting it get to me with the Droid though. And just incase your're still in doubt:

From Motorola & Verizon's User Guide:

Battery Charging

Battery Charging Notes for charging your phone’s battery:
• When charging your battery, keep it near room temperature. Never expose
batteries to temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F) when
charging.
• New batteries are not fully charged.
• New batteries or batteries stored for a long time may take more time to charge.
• Motorola batteries and charging systems have circuitry that protects the battery
from damage from overcharging

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
No doubt at all. Thanks for all the info. That's probably something I would have never realized cause I'm just so used to how cell phone batteries were that I just assumed it was always gonna be the same, so I never bothered to read that.

papy72

Reaction score
anyone notice that the LED doesnt blink for Handcent tho.. mine is always solid.. no blinky.
I always thought of that as a feature. I can tell I have a text message (solid blue light) vs. an email (blinking green) without turning ont he screen.