Stuck in boot loop

Lusslax33

Reaction score
Heres the story:
I previously had the stock gingerbread running on my droid 2, i then decided to flash a rom (zombiestomp 1.2 to be exact). I have flashed roms before and never had a problem but this time i must have messed up on a step. Because now when i do a battery pull it goes into an infinite boot loop. I have tried turning it on and holding x and getting to the system recovery thing but nothing works, i wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset, tried applying things from my sd card and the reboot system does not do anything, it always goes back to the boot loop.

Need some help!!!

OP
L

Lusslax33

Reaction score
I am flashing a sbf right now but it keeps getting stuck on the installing update screen.

EDIT: but to make sure im doing it right, what would be the correct steps to flashing it

Last edited:

phorgotten

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Heres the story:
I previously had the stock gingerbread running on my droid 2, i then decided to flash a rom (zombiestomp 1.2 to be exact). I have flashed roms before and never had a problem but this time i must have messed up on a step. Because now when i do a battery pull it goes into an infinite boot loop. I have tried turning it on and holding x and getting to the system recovery thing but nothing works, i wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset, tried applying things from my sd card and the reboot system does not do anything, it always goes back to the boot loop.

Need some help!!!

Did you have the "ROOTED" GB Leak installed?

The Bootloop have you let it run for a couple minutes? Sometimes it takes a while...

Follow this link:
Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

This will give you everything you need to SBF and to install the rooted gb leak.

Also not sure why you installed ZombieStomped 1.2 as the latest is 1.65, and 1.7 should be landing tonight....

If you have any trouble let me know and i will be glad to help!

OP
L

Lusslax33

Reaction score
Well how it started was i had Liberty 1.5 installed for a while and the netflix app finally came out for android and i was told it was supported through gingerbread based roms, so at first i tried to put in some new rom (dont remember the name) and i had this whole boot loop thing going on and i fixed it and my phone went back to the factory settings, and it was gingerbread. I didnt like all the bloatware so i put the zombiestomp 1.2 rom on and it worked fine. Then i tried to upgrade to zombiestomp 1.65 and thats when this whole mess happened

OP
L

Lusslax33

Reaction score
Ok i have all 4 of the files i was suppose to download, now just put the monster 2.3.2 zip file on my sd card?, it says to put it into bootstrap recovery but i can only get to those beginning screens, before the boot.

phorgotten

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok i have all 4 of the files i was suppose to download, now just put the monster 2.3.2 zip file on my sd card?, it says to put it into bootstrap recovery but i can only get to those beginning screens, before the boot.

to get into bootstrap recovery hold down volume up + volume down + camera

OP
L

Lusslax33

Reaction score
That just got me to the bootloader screen and it looks like i cant do anything there

phorgotten

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have the bootstrap app

If you can get into clockwork then:

1. wide data/factory reset
2. wipe catche
3. go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache
4. install monster from sd card
5. reboot phone
6. let it load for about 5 minutes....just walk away
7. if it boots your good
8. if not then battery pull and try to boot up normal (will prob go to clockwork, just hit reboot)
9. if all else fails SBF to froyo and start over

OP
L

Lusslax33

Reaction score
i was watching this video, [video=youtube;WAi--u4y61Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAi--u4y61Y&feature=player_embedded#at=247]YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to ROOT 2.1 firmware![/video], and i was going to put that sbf file in the RSD Lite and follow the instructions he gave, but im not sure what i should do with the drivers.