Stuck in safe mode

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Hey guys maybe you can help me. My coworkers phone is stuck in safe mode. Its not rooted and not sure what he did. I booted the phone in recovery and wiped cache which did nothing. I than wiped data a formatted. That removed everything, but still stuck in safe mode. I tried to install update.zip from SD, but said file wasn't found.

I am a rooted D1 user, so I don't know to much about the X. TIA.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Did you put update.zip on the root of the sd card? If so try putting the file in a folder. This is for not seeing the file. It may help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I am not able to move the file since safe mode blocks all non pre installed apps like astro to move the file to the root.

J

JriderG

That update.zip file, where did you put it?

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I didn't put it anywhere. Im assuming its a previous ota update. It was already listed there when I went in to recovery.

J

JriderG

It is listed by default you have to get the update.zip off the net. If its not rooted you could always just take it back to Verizon for the quick fix, and just read later.

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
It is listed by default you have to get the update.zip off the net. If its not rooted you could always just take it back to Verizon for the quick fix, and just read later.

Thanks, I told him to do just that its still under a year so there shouldn't be any questions. Even if I get the zip file downloaded I wont be able to move it to the root without a PC, so easier that he just return it. Thanks for the help though.

J

JriderG

If they give him trouble just come back here. We can get it working. One more thing if your looking up safe mode, I believe alot of people refer to it as stock recovery.

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah I told him I can fix it, but than he'll be without the phone for thae day. Easier to try and get Verizon to give him a new one. I referred to it as safe mode because that's what it says on the lower part of the screen.

I told him make sure verzion exchanges it and don't take no for an answer, so we'll see. Thanks again. On a side note, I heard the boot loader was cracked for the x is this true?