SwiftKey, best keyboard?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I recently installed a new rom (cyanogen simply red) to my droid 1 and lost all my predictions (8 months worth) and now its not saving any more. If I can't resolve this issue (I haven't really tried any backups or really anything yet), which is the best keyboard in your professional opinion? I'm kinda curious...... been using SwiftKey for so long now, maybe it's time for a change.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

samiusmc

Reaction score
Your predictions are stored on your sd card in the Swifykey folder. The file name is dyn.lm4. Switching ROMS shouldn't cause you to lose them.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Me too, its very unfortunate I have to lose all those predictions........I contacted them and they told me I have to just reinstall and start over. Where can I get swype? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Briankbl

Reaction score
I LOVE Swiftkey, but my new favorite has got to be FlexT9! It has a regular keyboard, a swype like keyboard, and then there's the main selling point- the voice to text function uses Dragon dictation! Voice to text is super accurate using this, I used it for this whole post! I love never having to type anything again LOL

Docinbird

Reaction score
I LOVE Swiftkey, but my new favorite has got to be FlexT9! It has a regular keyboard, a swype like keyboard, and then there's the main selling point- the voice to text function uses Dragon dictation! Voice to text is super accurate using this, I used it for this whole post! I love never having to type anything again LOL

I just installed FlexT9 and like it better than swype or swiftkey. Amazon has it as their free app today, which I discovered a few hours after purchasing it.:blink:

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
That sucks, just dl'd for free today too

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LT*

Reaction score
I usually use Swiftkey, but did DL Flex this morning. After using it for just today, I can say that I'll keep both. The voice recog is amazing with Flex, and I can swype with it too. I can see using both for different situations.

estafusisx

Reaction score
I've used swiftkey ever since I got my droid and have been flashing roms almost as long. I only ever lost predictions once and I never was sure why but ever since then i've always backed up and restored the app data with tibu and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score

I just installed FlexT9 and like it better than swype or swiftkey. Amazon has it as their free app today, which I discovered a few hours after purchasing it.:blink:

I downloaded FlexT9 only because it was free today. I'm very impressed with it. Trace Input (ie. swiping) spikes CPU very frequently though.

Edit: I'm keeping FlexT9 as my primary voice dictation engine.
Switching back to stock multi-touch keyboard to conserve battery.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

hotdogguynj

Reaction score
love love love

this FlexT9, i would have paid for it! but thanks to Briankblm i dont have to! THanks Brian!dancedroid