T-Mobile's Next Uncarrier Plan Wants to Hook Customers with Free Pizza, Stock Options and More

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Poor mans carrier?

Since dumping VZW, I have gained call quality, wifi calling, Data stash, binge on and a $25/mo lower bill. I have not one negative thing to say so far.

Not one dropped call, not one missed text.... Nothing.
I did while using project Fi.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
Poor mans carrier?

Since dumping VZW, I have gained call quality, wifi calling, Data stash, binge on and a $25/mo lower bill. I have not one negative thing to say so far.

Not one dropped call, not one missed text.... Nothing.
I completely agree. Just ask yourself; when was the last time your carrier did anything for you? I agree this is cheesy, but it's sure better than a new or increased fee. Since I have been with T-mobile, I have gain a lower bill, better data speed and reliability, wifi-calling, access to better ways to purchase, rent or lease devices, unlockable bootloaders and UNLIMITED DATA!

Like I said, what has ATT or Verizon done for you lately other than give you more restrictions and higher fees? And don't say that they have some of the same things that T-mobile has now. Because just think back a couple of years ago about how stagnant the mobile phone service industry had become. They were removing unlimited data, raising rates and fees. Then T-mobile became quite a market disruptor.

I hope that people that believe T-mobile is "a poor mans carrier" reconsider and try it some time. Cheaper does not mean poor quality. I know when I was on Verizon I would do anything to defend paying a higher price; always believing I had the best coverage and speed. They do a great job marketing to the public to make sure you believe that. We all want to be "right" and be affirmed by others but sometimes we are missing out on something truly better for us because of old stereotypes.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Let them think it's a poor man carrier. Less people to oversaturated the network, like Verizon. When LTE deployed it was great speeds, now everyone has an LTE phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let them think it's a poor man carrier. Less people to oversaturated the network, like Verizon. When LTE deployed it was great speeds, now everyone has an LTE phone.
When LTE first hit my area I was getting above 40Mbps in urban areas (Verizon) and when I left I was getting about 4Mbps in those same areas. I went from 1Mbps in my craptacular reception area I live and work in to dial up speeds IF I could get a connection. They took away being able to force 3g on my phones and I couldn't even get a connection about 90% of the time. Yeah I felt pretty bad (not) when I moved to T-Mobile and got solid connections, just as good of cs representation, 2g unlimited data and saved $50 a month. If they'd had the coverage they now have in north western Virginia I'd still be with them and will probably switch back when I finish paying off this Note4 in November.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><