Taking a modded phone in for warranty issues?

F_R_O_S_T_Y

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So my original Motorola Droid is having hardware screen issues. I need to take my phone back in so I can have it fixed under warranty.

My only concern is that I've been rooting and using different roms/kernels/software on this phone for about the whole time I've had it.

I flashed a default 2.2.1 sbf file I found online to the phone in order to un-root it and bring it back to stock so my warranty wouldn't be voided. Is there any way for Verizon to tell that I once had it rooted now that I've brought it back to un-rooted stock? I don't want to give it to them if they will be able to tell.

Anyway, under the About Phone section, this is what it says. Could anyone please confirm that this is the correct stock info so that I can take in my phone to be worked on?

Model Number:
Droid

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
C_01.43.01P

Kernel Version:
2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
android-build@apa26#1

Build Number:
voles-userdebug 2.2.1 FRG83D 75603 test-
keys

Are these what a default, never been rooted Droid would say?

jgostained

Reaction score
I took my phone in rooted with a theme installed and they didn't have a clue I really don't think most of them are that bright. They gave me a new one right then and there!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all the time I've been in this forum, and believe me I spend a lot of time here, I can only recall one person getting busted for having a rooted phone.

Having said that I still say don't take a chance. You might be the next person. Bring it back to stock.