Tell Me Why I Should Root My Phone

Comicsnut

Reaction score
I'm no new me to technology, I work in IT. So I'm not afraid I'm doing things differently.

I haven't run into any reason to root my phone, however I'm curious as to what adantages it may bring me.

Plus I simply just want to play with it and get more familiar with the inner workings.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Everyone has a different reason to root. As someone who works in IT, I'm sure you know what advantages there are to having admin privileges.

The reasons I root:
1. Tether (though not necessary anymore)
2. Root apps; Titanium Backup, Adblock, & Greenify just to name a few further enhance the Android experience.
3. Get rid of bloatware.

There's a few other reasons, but those are the main ones for me. Could I enjoy an Android phone without root? I'm sure I could, I am running stock rooted after all, but I think the little tweaks I do make Android an even more enjoyable experience.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I work in IT too. Certainly that was a rhetorical question, right? "What advantages does it bring you"? All I have to say is "admin privs". Use your imagination.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Would you want to be a Power User or an Administrator on your PC?

I use Adaway TBU and I like to use Xposed modules, to use those you need root access.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a fan of rooting. BUT, if you are perfectly satisfied with what you have leave it alone.