Tether hack

pgreeny

Reaction score
Worked for me too...but I noticed that I am getting the "Tethering or hotspot active" icon/message in the notification bar. Are you getting that as well? Is it a cause for concern?

I get the same message also.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

obogobo

Reaction score
EDIT: Nvm didn't read the other posts, I also get the Hotspot or Tethering Running Notification and stable version 2.07 does NOT work.

Last edited:

quizzard

Reaction score
SQLLite tether hack working great here. Just make sure you remember to reboot!

keeleon

Reaction score
My bad - I forgot I had a static IP address set on my laptop so DHCP was failing. Changed the DHCP starting IP to 192.168.1.x and it worked.

Also, now that I rooted and did the SQLLite hack to turn off "entitlement_check" setting, I uninstalled FoxFi since it works natively now.

Is this the same hack as on the Bionic? Do you happen to know how to find that field with DB Browser app instead of the SQLLite? I found the right settings.db, but when I look inside it there's nothing anywhere that says entitlement check. Maybe I just don't understand databases that well? I'm trying to be as cheap as possible here ;)

OP
J

jkcsho

Reaction score
Will it charge you if you use the included tether app? 4g is so fast I'm thinking about cutting my cable internet off. Getting dl speeds of 20+mbps

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
No one's come out and said it yet, so I'm asking the obvious question: All this tethering we're talking about here, is it safe to assume y'all mean methods that don't slam into the paywall?

alex94kumar

Reaction score
No one's come out and said it yet, so I'm asking the obvious question: All this tethering we're talking about here, is it safe to assume y'all mean methods that don't slam into the paywall?

yes, bypassing verizon's scam of a service to access free wifi tethering

OP
J

jkcsho

Reaction score
Yep. $30 a month for tethering (on top of your data plan)

So it will automatically charge u even if u have unlimited data?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

quizzard

Reaction score
Is this the same hack as on the Bionic? Do you happen to know how to find that field with DB Browser app instead of the SQLLite? I found the right settings.db, but when I look inside it there's nothing anywhere that says entitlement check. Maybe I just don't understand databases that well? I'm trying to be as cheap as possible here ;)

I tried a different SQL DB browser also and was NOT able to find the right setting, even tho I was in the correct file. Honestly, the 5 bucks was worth it for the program.

xashaffer

Reaction score
While using Wifi Tether 1.3 (whatever the newest beta version is) I notice the default notification for Tethering or Mobile Hotspot is Active is also turned on even though I have tried both freezing it and completely uninstalling it with Titanium Backup. How can I know for sure that my usage during that time isn't being reported to Verizon as using their mobile hotspot app?