Tethering Smsung Galaxy and Casio GxOne

giddyup306

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but if in the wrong place please move it. I havea casio that is my main phone. The samsung doesn't get any reception here. The only carrier that this phone can be used with in the us is AT&T. Which won't cover my area. I have an old version of the casio, and would like to tether that to the Samsung. Tried playing with the settings, and searching the web. The Glixy does not recognise the hotspot on the casio. Can someone please help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What you're saying is the Casio Gx One is active on the cellular network and has hotspot capability, but the Galaxy is not seeing the Casio as an available WiFi connection? Not sure what the cause may be. Do any other devices see the Casio hotspot?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
G

giddyup306

Reaction score
It is not seeing any other hotspots. Disableled my wireless on my computer. Restarted both my phones. Nothing

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, to clarify... The Galaxy isn't seeing any hotspots, or the Casio isn't seeing the Galaxy?

Last edited:
OP
G

giddyup306

Reaction score
This is wierd. Yesterday the Samsung would only see a Cisco hotspot. Today it is seeing all sorts of hotspots including the Casio. Kind of off topic but I was trying to get into the Google play store. It wouldn't let me in, but I could get in on the Casio. Can I not have more than one phone and use the same account??? Thanks everyone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is wierd. Yesterday the Samsung would only see a Cisco hotspot. Today it is seeing all sorts of hotspots including the Casio. Kind of off topic but I was trying to get into the Google play store. It wouldn't let me in, but I could get in on the Casio. Can I not have more than one phone and use the same account??? Thanks everyone.
Well I'm glad that the phone is now seeing the hotspot. As for the Play Store, you can have any number of devices logged into your Google account and they all can access the Play Store. The maximum number is at least 10.