Unable to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab to Droid X Tether

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
It is compiled for a different phone, feel free to try it an let us know.

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
I'm not trying anything until we get a nandroid backup.

I might try it seeing as you don't have to reboot to use it. I could just replace the default file back if it doesn't work. Unless it causes the kernel to panic.

ceasernem

Reaction score
wow really i have an ipad and a droid x, and it tethers fine with it, by the way anyone wants to trade their samsung tab for week old 16gb ipad with case and jailbroken with free apps. If your interested send me a message .

mach330

Reaction score
wow really i have an ipad and a droid x, and it tethers fine with it, by the way anyone wants to trade their samsung tab for week old 16gb ipad with case and jailbroken with free apps. If your interested send me a message .

it's different cuz ipad is like a computer as oppose to the tab which is like another phone. but i'm glad there's a solution now.

MonarchWines

Reaction score
Am I missing something, why dont you all just sell your Droid X or other phone and just keep the Tablet? If your keeping both I get it but the Tablet does cell phone & wi-fi voip too. Why carry both?

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Am I missing something, why dont you all just sell your Droid X or other phone and just keep the Tablet? If your keeping both I get it but the Tablet does cell phone & wi-fi voip too. Why carry both?

Maybe its too obvious but most people would have a problem with carrying a 7" tablet in a pocket with them everywhere they go. Just saying.

vectorcharlie

Reaction score
It does work! If you replace the file wpa_supplicant from the one that is in the link, you can tether the galaxy tab to the droidX or any Adhoc network!!

Thanks guys!!

ewinkley

Reaction score
There is a fix - you need root:
Have a look here - this worked for me.
http://www.emoiz.com/how-to-connect-samsung-galaxy-s-to-ad-hoc-wifi-network

reboot device after doing this - good idea to backup the original wpa_supplicant file before copying this one.

I did this to mine and ad hoc networks show up and are usable.

If you need root (MUCH easier than rooting any other android device I've had!):

Root Samsung Galaxy Tab with Z4Root [How to Guide]

just download the app, run and it will auto reboot, and you have root. You'll be prompted to allow superuser access to root explorer (which you download from first link) - say yes.

Last edited:

mach330

Reaction score
got my sprint tab. yep this solution works great. i'm loving this new toy. anyone have recommendations for cases? is there one with a built in stand?

ewinkley

Reaction score
If you don't want to wait for an internet/mail-ordered item, Verizon has two or three to choose from. They also have the screen protectors, but their prices are a little higher than on the web.

bcltoys

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the galaxy tab but my dx connects to my rooted eris just fine. Its ad hoc right. And my dx is not rooted.

Last edited: