The get~r~done dev team is proud to present the beta release of d2g_romer get~r~done

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM IS PROUD TO PRESENT THE BETA RELEASE OF D2G_ROMER GET~R~DONE

THIS RELEASE AS YOU CAN TELL IS 3 HOURS EARLY JUST FOR ARE LOYAL d2g OWNERS SHOWING YOU ALL THE LOVE

I HAVE TESTED WORKS GREAT ....THANKS TO BURYBOI & ALL OF US @ THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM.........

INSTALL GUIDE:

Heres my write up for install, look over it to make sure i didnt miss anything please and then put it wherever you want to....

To install a d2 rom to d2g:

Download these two zips before proceeding!

D2G_Romer.zip

D2G_Sensors.zip

backup contacts/apps etc
boot into clockwork recovery
make a backup of your current set up
wipe system and cache
Mount system and data
choose install from zip, select your downloaded rom and install
choose install from zip again, select the D2G_Romer.zip and run it
choose install from zip again, select the D2G_Sensors.zip and run it
Reboot and wait for everything to load and your done :)
user_online.gif

AFTER BURYBOI'S & THE REST OR THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAMS TRIAL & ERROR A LOT OF BURY BOI'S TRIAL & ERROR THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK BRO

After learning a lot through trial and error, messing with several D2 Roms, I came up with this handy "tool." After flashing the D2 Rom of your choice, flash this update to "convert" it for use on the Global.

Obviously use this tool at your own risk, neither I, nor any other member of Get~R~Done are respondible should you brick your phone.

Before you begin, download the following two files to the root of your sdcard along with a D2 rom of your choosing.

D2G_Romer.zip

D2G_Sensors.zip

Installation Instructions
1. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
2. Create a nandroid Backup
3. Factory Reset/Wipe Data/Cache
4. Flash the D2 Rom of your choosing.
5. As soon as that completes, flash the D2G_Romer.zip
6. If you want to disable the sensors flash the D2G_sensors.zip
7. When done, reboot your phone, hopefully, if all went well, you will not bootloop, I haven't...yet.

Known Issues
The sensors still cause sleep/wake issues. To disable them rename /system/lib/hw/sensors.droid2we.so to sensors.droid2we.bak. The D2G_Sensors.zip is essentially a toggle. If sensors are working (and your phone is rebooting everytime it tries to sleep), flash D2G_Sensors.zip to disable them. If your sensors arent working (no auto rotate, and your phone will sleep like normal) flash it if you want to mess with the sensors.

build.prop will not report your rom as whatever you've flashed. It will say it is D2G Rom-er. This is because the tool is generic. I really didn't feel like making a seperate tool for every D2 Rom just so build.prop will report correctly. This easily fixed by manually editing build.prop from root explorer.

Some roms (Apex in specific) do not include all of the system apps (Apex happens to be missing a phone.apk. If you format system prior to flashing a rom like that, you wont be able to make calls. For this reason, the instructions above only recomend a factory reset/data wipe.

General Warnings
I flashed a rom that would not let me boot back into Clockwork recovery (gummyjar). As of now, I don't know how/why that would happen so be careful, and do not do this unless you are comfortable using the SBF released by TBH.

Before you flash anyrom, be certain that it doesn't include the D2 kernel or Radio files (I'm not aware of any that do except maderstock and that's for the X). A D2 kernel on the D2G could mean a brick, and not the SBF cureable kind.

THIS IS A GREAT RELEASE BY BURYBOI & THE REST OF US FROM THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM AS THIS IS A HUGE STEP FORWARD FOR ALL D2G OWNERS ......AS YOU ALL CAN SEE IN THE short 2 WEEKS THIS TEAM HAS BEEN TOGETHER WE HAVE RELEASED 2 MAJOR RELEASE's FROM ARE FANTASTIC DEV TEAM

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS LONG LIVE THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM

&

GET~R~DONE

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
INSTALL GUIDE:

Heres my write up for install, look over it to make sure i didnt miss anything please and then put it wherever you want to....

To install a d2 rom to d2g:

Download these two zips before proceeding!

D2G_Romer.zip

D2G_Sensors.zip

backup contacts/apps etc
boot into clockwork recovery
make a backup of your current set up
wipe system and cache
Mount system and data
choose install from zip, select your downloaded rom and install
choose install from zip again, select the D2G_Romer.zip and run it
choose install from zip again, select the D2G_Sensors.zip and run it
Reboot and wait for everything to load and your done :)
user_online.gif

Last edited:
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Reserved .......................

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Sorry if I miss read the OP I'm too excited I just want to make sure I have this right...

so I can download Liberty for the D2 then just flash both .zips after the initial ROM flash and it should be good to go?

This is all kinds of AWESOME by the way!

Also what D2 ROMs have been tested just looked at Liberty and noticed its base is GummyJAR which you said had issues going back into CW

Thanks again for all the hard work on this guys!!

Last edited:
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yes that right install the d2 rom then flash these Zips & thanks it is a team effort

By the THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
liberty & apex I have done I know bury boi has done liberty those I can confirm working the rest are still being tested do a nandroid before flashing

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Worked flawlessly! I'm now running Liberty v1.5 on my D2G!!! I thought the day would never come!

Thanks a MILLION team GET R DONE!! Finally a team putting out awesome stuff for our D2Gs!!!

emarx429

Reaction score
So how do g-sensor games work or do they not? Also these zips look a lot like the gjartodxport.zip I suggested which you guys didn't think would work... looks like a couple of files are missing, I would include all the keyboard files too so transitioning to the dx Roms will work easier... also if the sensor files are included why don't they work right?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So how do g-sensor games work or do they not? Also these zips look a lot like the gjartodxport.zip I suggested which you guys didn't think would work... looks like a couple of files are missing, I would include all the keyboard files too so transitioning to the dx Roms will work easier... also if the sensor files are included why don't they work right?

I personally havent tested any so not sure.....

As for looking the same, Buryboi threw it together from figuring out what was needed.

We're not sure why the sensors arent working. I think its something not playing well with the d2/d2g files. We've tried pretty much everything but pulling every file apart.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

BigJermZ

Reaction score
NICE! Ill check out d2 roms and test it today!!!!!! Will test out everything from gps to gaming! Nice work getrdone team!

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Leo bg not to sure as all of us on the get~r~done dev team are basically state side but it is one of the bugs on are bug report but is listed as a unkown due to the reason we are all in the states

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A donation link will be posted in the very near future it will pay for the dev teams site/Bandwidth right now I am paying 50$ a month out of pocket but well worth it to get the d2G the dev support it deserves

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I'll pass until sensors get figured out. Also, easy on the CAPS YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS OK?