The official "I got it" thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you get it let us know what you think; what you like and dislike, battery life, and so on.

fastpat

Reaction score
I'll get mine tomorrow, perhaps, but here's the unboxing according to Wirefly.

[video=youtube;i5XoF6HuLfs]http://youtu.be/i5XoF6HuLfs[/video]

demarco5

Reaction score
phones fast as hell, keyboard the best
camera could have some deeper colors, maybe theres an app out there or camera tweak that will fix that

demarco5

Reaction score
the my gallery app is terrible shows some dumb collage when you start the app...i tried downloading 3d gallery to replace it but that shows pictures sorted with the oldest first instead of newest which is very annoying. anyone know of a fix?

Andyw2100

Reaction score
Case makes top row of keyboard a little hard to type on

This is my first Droid, so I may not have a whole lot to offer for a while.

But I thought I'd point out that the Verizon soft case makes the top row of keys just a little bit difficult to type on.

Phone seems quite excellent otherwise, but I'm new to all this.

fingaz

Reaction score
Got it. Its pretty cool. The keyboard is awesome. Its got a lot of cool awesome little helpful features that surprise you at every turn. So many things to try out, i have to cut this short.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I got mine. Just barely. And now I get to go into a training/seminar thing for a few hours. That's okay, it can charge. I did play with it just a bit and have to get use to the power on coming on so quickly. On my D1 I would press it and nothing would happen (probably didn't press hard enough or something) so I pressed the power button again and it would come on. I've been powering on then powering off on the D4.;) Also have to get use to it being in the center top.
I just swiped through the screens to and it's nice and they're fast.

reybie

Reaction score
I got mine around 1015, spent an hour at BB because I was the first buyer, they didn't know about the key and messed up the back of the phone LOL.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I GOT IT!!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

I was really surprised at the store I went to, no posters or display for the Droid 4. The employees knew nothing about it. They werent even sure if they got any in. Eventually they found it, they only received ONE UNIT other than the demo one, and I bought it. The lady I ended up checking out with didn't even know what promotions they had, I had to TELL HER that RAZRs were buy one get one free. Then, I demanded that she not take it out of the box so that I could do an unboxing video and we got into it. She said that I'd take it home and "not know what to do". Give me a break, I know more about Big Red than you do.

pgreeny

Reaction score
Got mine today when Best Buy opened . They price matched Amazons $99 price. So far its awesome, can't really comment on battery yet until I go through a few charge cycles with it. No regrets thus far. For $99 it was a good upgrade. Although I loved my Droid 3 . I was really surprised that at both BB and Verizon there wasn't really anyone too interested in them. i went to Verizon to get the car dock after BB , they still had all the accessories in the back boxed up. I had to wait for them to get them out.

pgreeny

Reaction score
I GOT IT!!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

I was really surprised at the store I went to, no posters or display for the Droid 4. The employees knew nothing about it. They werent even sure if they got any in. Eventually they found it, they only received ONE UNIT other than the demo one, and I bought it. The lady I ended up checking out with didn't even know what promotions they had, I had to TELL HER that RAZRs were buy one get one free. Then, I demanded that she not take it out of the box so that I could do an unboxing video and we got into it. She said that I'd take it home and "not know what to do". Give me a break, I know more about Big Red than you do.

Lol.... BB was about the same . Guy said when did it release , not sure if we have any. I said according to BB.com you have them in Stock.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I got mine around 1015, spent an hour at BB because I was the first buyer, they didn't know about the key and messed up the back of the phone LOL.
LOL. The cs rep at Verizon didn't know either and someone else was looking at it and said "the battery says nonremovable" or whatever and told him that the back locked in place and the key was to open it if needed. Although the CS rep was very helpful and more knowledgeable then I expected. He knew how to put my contacts on my card, and put that in the D4 and bring them up and even showed me how to get them if I don't see any (I don't have a lot of contacts, so I think he expected me to).

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Got mine today when Best Buy opened . They price matched Amazons $99 price. So far its awesome, can't really comment on battery yet until I go through a few charge cycles with it. No regrets thus far. For $99 it was a good upgrade. Although I loved my Droid 3 . I was really surprised that at both BB and Verizon there wasn't really anyone too interested in them. i went to Verizon to get the car dock after BB , they still had all the accessories in the back boxed up. I had to wait for them to get them out.

Oh, you're lucky BB didn't look into the $99 promotion further. That was only for new accounts. So you got lucky with your upgrade.