The Official "I got my HTC ONE M8" Thread

djakrse

Reaction score
I have one supposed to be here here tomorrow. I'm moving up from the Rezound. Question is, can I just use the SD card on the rezound and put it in the One m8? I have have lots of music and pics on there plus apps.
Should be okay? I have the 16gb one from my Moto Droid, working. Initially, I was getting "can't access" errors. I had to access it from root, /, as opposed to whatever path is most obvious. Next, I was able to view files but kept getting errors such as, "SD has been removed unexpectedly." Then, using Root Explorer, I set RW and everything has been fine. I'm assuming there's an easier way.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'm really tempted to grab one of these but rumor has it the Xperia Z2 is coming to Verizon so I'm going to hold out a little longer.
Ah Wicked. There's always a new phone coming out. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and hope :)

I used my G2 this weekend. It's still my other phone. We call it our "House phone". Anyway, I still love that little phone. The only reason I'm not still using it is because it works awesome as a hotspot and it's our home Internet, so wifey said I'm not allowed to change it. Ever! I'm certainly not allowed to carry it with me.

Anyway. Getting back to the point, it made me really wish I had held out for the G3 later this year. Having said that, the One is a nice phone. It's just not the same as the G2 in my opinion. We'll see. Maybe they screw up the G3 and I hate it. That would be the best, because if I don't hate it, I'll get it.

WTH was I going with all that? Oh ya, if you want the Xperia Z2, wait for it. Don't settle ;) No, wait. That wasn't it. Get the One M8. It's a great phone! No, no. Wait for the ...

:blink:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Z2 is selling here for $800. $50. more then the S5. Tough choice.

Bulld0ggg

Reaction score
Picked up mine last Friday, coming from an S4. So far I am extrememly happy that I decided to upgrade. And the future is looking bright with all of the Dev action for this phone as well.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
It didn't fair too well for my liking...I was struggling to get 13 hrs with 3 screen time. . .
Wow. Struggling to get...

You know this is a computer, right? "SmartPhones" are no longer phones. They are computers that allow you to send and receive cellular calls. If I got 13 hours of use out of my Macbook Pro, I'd be on top of the world! I'd say 13's good, but I get that you don't want to plug in. When I think back to my Dinc days, I had to plug in every 4 hours otherwise my phone'd be dead. And it's the best SmartPhone I've ever owned. I mean, it's not even close. I loved that little guy.

13 hour struggle..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB

You know this is a computer, right? "SmartPhones" are no longer phones. They are computers that allow you to send and receive cellular calls. If I got 13 hours of use out of my Macbook Pro, I'd be on top of the world! I'd say 13's good, but I get that you don't want to plug in. When I think back to my Dinc days, I had to plug in every 4 hours otherwise my phone'd be dead. And it's the best SmartPhone I've ever owned. I mean, it's not even close. I loved that little guy.

13 hour struggle..
I installed an SSD on my 2009 Macbook Pro and now get a whopping 4.5 hours. I do have a new battery. My Mac Air gets an easy 8-9 hours. I hear the 2014 redesigned Macbook Pro will up there at 8-9. We will see..

mgreene434

Reaction score
Should be okay? I have the 16gb one from my Moto Droid, working. Initially, I was getting "can't access" errors. I had to access it from root, /, as opposed to whatever path is most obvious. Next, I was able to view files but kept getting errors such as, "SD has been removed unexpectedly." Then, using Root Explorer, I set RW and everything has been fine. I'm assuming there's an easier way.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Popped it in and no problems. Works great and I love this phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

13 hour struggle..

Haha ..I'm spoiled ...I take my Note 3 out early morning ..abuse it all day ..go to bed around 30% ..plenty of heavy usage for me ...can I charge ? Yeah ...but I'm definitely spoiled. ..hehe

N3 tap