The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Are Now Official!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
^^

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I'm never going back to an SD Less phone. If it means I'll never own a pixel then...NBD.

Destroyed my phone once. Popped out the SD card and all my photos were safe. Yes, I have Dropbox. Yes, I even have DropSynch for true 2 way synching.
However, I only Synch when connected to power.
I'm not paying an extra $100 when I already have a 64GB card I paid $25 for.
da140f35dfacebb2c56724092ad3cbdd.jpg

I have 20 GB of music.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Agreed, I have only one current phone which doesn't have an SD card slot and if it did I wouldn't now have an S8.
Everything on my SD card is downloaded to my laptop so I won't lose anything if my phone is eaten by an alien.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Ps, one of the best phones I've ever had was my Nexus 6, which by the way had very small bezels, if it had an SD slot it would still be in use.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I stand corrected, Nexus one did have a sd card slot. My bad.
68dfc9430c3b8e96ef3e08a96a25c955.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm using Google photos for my Android phones ..I have a 64GB card I've not used for awhile now ...

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't buy the arguments in that article.
I didn't buy Google's excuse either, just thought I would post.

Nandroid backups, update.zip or ROMs on the root of your SD card, free 16 or 32gb SD card included with phone, all things of the past.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I didn't buy Google's excuse either, just thought I would post.

Nandroid backups, update.zip or ROMs on the root of your SD card, free 16 or 32gb SD card included with phone, all things of the past.

the article was interesting, especially since it seems google think users are too stupid to be able to use multiple storage points. In addition, they think most users share their microsd cards. Maybe in some cases there is some sharing but for the most part, that microsd card stays in the phone because of apps thats installed on it or have other personal info on it.

thanks for posting it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Saw 4 Pixel commercials tonight. You suck, Google. Seriously, there are horrible. I'm going to buy your phone....because of the new Google app? Oy. Who is marketing for this company? Fire them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think once we get them in hand and can better judge if screen will be solid for each individual..use outdoors and regular stuff you can't do while in store

Sent using Tapatalk

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
The real successor of the Nexus 6 is finally here! Personally, version after version, the absence of risk taking was more and more present on the range Nexus / Pixel, with even a descent in characteristics (Screen size, battery, etc ...), but here, Google is back in force , a comfortable screen, double HP, a big battery, an IP certification, a pure Android, etc ... And it must be said, all in a super friendly design!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s7 edge galaxy s8 edge

Last edited: