The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
OK Stupid Question... Is this for the Droid A855 (The original first droid from Verizon)

I have been having all kinds of trouble... rooted before but had to replace phone so not rooted now... and want to root again

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK Stupid Question... Is this for the Droid A855 (The original first droid from Verizon)

I have been having all kinds of trouble... rooted before but had to replace phone so not rooted now... and want to root again

Yeppers... and I think he plans to release for the X and the Incredible might already be out...

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
has anyone encountered these problems?

#1 wifi tether keeps kicking my mac off after about 7 min of use

#2 Camcorder will crash the phone after 30 sec of use forcing the phone into an automatic reboot

any advice on fixes would be much appreciated

Using
Droid 1
Android 2.2.1
2.6.32-ulowV-1.2Ghz kernal Chevynol
UD 1.0.0

grinchy

Reaction score
has anyone encountered these problems?

#1 wifi tether keeps kicking my mac off after about 7 min of use

#2 Camcorder will crash the phone after 30 sec of use forcing the phone into an automatic reboot

any advice on fixes would be much appreciated

Using
Droid 1
Android 2.2.1
2.6.32-ulowV-1.2Ghz kernal Chevynol
UD 1.0.0

reflash rom? try a different kernel for wifi issues...

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
Thanks,
I was hoping to reflash as a last resort. I'm also over clocked with set pcu... I read somewhere else here that might be the issue.

Trying it now and reflashing if it doesn't work. If you don't hear from me... something went horribly wrong!

moneymaker19

Reaction score
Can someone please help? My phone says storage is low and wont let me download an app.. I know i can move the apps to sd card... my question is can i find a command in UD settings to do it all at once? or do i have to do one at a time... Thanks for eveything...

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Can someone please help? My phone says storage is low and wont let me download an app.. I know i can move the apps to sd card... my question is can i find a command in UD settings to do it all at once? or do i have to do one at a time... Thanks for eveything...

As far as I know you have to do it 1 at a time. If you sort by Size its not that hard. Move the bigger apps and then you'll have plenty of space.
I think you'll want to leave all apps with widgets that you use on the phone though.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the alternate round battery in the status bar is available for UD? I can't find where I saw it at to see what it does and doesn't work with. And I have Black N Bold theme if that makes any different. Thanks!

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i seam to be having a gallery issue, it wont show all pics. i have clear cache on gallery, rebooted did media reloads, nothing works.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might just have to wait a little bit. Your problem seems similar to mine but your sounds a bit worse. But mine wouldn't show up for a bit but I just stayed there and kept closing and opening it because it wasn't showing all my pics at first. But they started showing up. I think it was just taking a minute to load them all

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Stupid Question

OK...this is a stupid question but I just want to be sure because I have read conflicting information.

I have previously rooted my phone but had to replace it..so I am considering doing it again..

Do I need to root first then install a ROM....other place I have read that they are 2 completely separate things and you don't need to root.

Is there a good guide on how to install.... I have seen the one guide on how to root.. but not sure how to install the ROM

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Once your rooted its very easy to install a rom. Are you using clockworkmod recovery or sprecovery?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
since I am not rooted I don't have anything and am open to suggestions.

Mainly I am considering rooting again because I am having a few issue
facebook won't update... and I want some of the bells an whistles. of the ROM.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
I would recommend using motocache1's method. His guide is very descriptive. And the process does include flashing an update.zip via sprecovery so that will teach you how to flash a rom because it is the same process

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk