The Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

markwebb

Reaction score
Cool! Just saw this thread. Yes, I was busy at work today, hence I didn't see it. LOL

DL'ing now and will report! Thanks!

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I dont know if this has anything to do with the gmail issue, but in UD 2.3 I had initially installed gmail from the ud settings menu & i had a lot of wierd issues, so i uninstalled it, rebooted, then installed it directly from the market.

I think but im not sure when u instal it via ud settings menu it gets installed to the system/app folder (im not sure on that) & when installed from the market it goes into the data/app folder, which actually brings me to a question....lol...is there a benefit or negative to which folder (system or data) apps get installed to?

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
Answer for # 1...... Go into settlings/accounts-syncs/google and make sure the box for gmail sync is checked.

It Is checked... I don't quite understand why it won't work, but I really don't mind.
Cara

Maybe the data in the gmail apk is corrupt, go into settings/applications/managed applications/ all tab. Scroll to gmail and select it. then hit clear data/yes/home/gmail and it will restart your gmail service on your droid. Let it sync and you should be good to go.

Thank you, that did it for gmail. should I try that for facebook as well?
Cara

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Did u install these apps via the ud settings menu or directly from the market? Either way uninstall both then reboot & try reinstall both the opposite way that u did before.

I just realized it isn't syncing facebook either. If I go into settings/ accounts&sync/ facebook isn't listed on the first page even know I just set it up, also if I click on add account and try to add facebook it just takes me back to the previous add account page. Strange...My Facebook app is working just fine, so it isn't that.

illmatic636

Reaction score
It Is checked... I don't quite understand why it won't work, but I really don't mind.
Cara

Maybe the data in the gmail apk is corrupt, go into settings/applications/managed applications/ all tab. Scroll to gmail and select it. then hit clear data/yes/home/gmail and it will restart your gmail service on your droid. Let it sync and you should be good to go.

Cara

I think if what Hardnhvy suggestion doesn't work, then yes give it a shot.
If your having this problem in many other apps, you may want to do a fresh install. Meaning wipe device and wipe cache and data then install 2.4 from scratch and restore your apps.(without restoring data)

Firewing

Reaction score
Did u install these apps via the ud settings menu or directly from the market? Either way uninstall both then reboot & try reinstall both the opposite way that u did before.

I just realized it isn't syncing facebook either. If I go into settings/ accounts&sync/ facebook isn't listed on the first page even know I just set it up, also if I click on add account and try to add facebook it just takes me back to the previous add account page. Strange...My Facebook app is working just fine, so it isn't that.

I had to install via the market as doing it in the UD settings didn't work at all...I fixed it buy clearing data as illmatic636 suggested.
Cara

brusky

Reaction score
can u delete the defualt launcher that 2.4 comes with?

Everytime i restart my phone it loads the default launcher then after hitting the home button a few times it finally loads Launcherpro, but then all my widgets says it hasnt been load properly and so i would have to redo them all..

Using Root explorer: go to system/app and find launcher2.apk - change to r/w and change name to launcher2.bak - this will de-activate the stock launcher but leave it in system if you need to re-install (for re-install just change the name back to luancher2.apk and clear defaults on luancher pro ~ this will give the you the choice of stock or launcher pro everytime you hit the home botton again).

thanks for the tip, but is there any other app i can use besides root explorer to do this?

I dont really want to pay 3.99 just so i can use this app to make launcherpro my main launcher :icon_eek:

Firewing

Reaction score

Cara

I think if what Hardnhvy suggestion doesn't work, then yes give it a shot.
If your having this problem in many other apps, you may want to do a fresh install. Meaning wipe device and wipe cache and data then install 2.4 from scratch and restore your apps.(without restoring data)

Do you think that might fix the issue I am having with set cpu not working (not opening past the first page then a F/C)? I really like using set cpu...

illmatic636

Reaction score
can u delete the defualt launcher that 2.4 comes with?

Everytime i restart my phone it loads the default launcher then after hitting the home button a few times it finally loads Launcherpro, but then all my widgets says it hasnt been load properly and so i would have to redo them all..

Using Root explorer: go to system/app and find launcher2.apk - change to r/w and change name to launcher2.bak - this will de-activate the stock launcher but leave it in system if you need to re-install (for re-install just change the name back to luancher2.apk and clear defaults on luancher pro ~ this will give the you the choice of stock or launcher pro everytime you hit the home botton again).

thanks for the tip, but is there any other app i can use besides root explorer to do this?

I dont really want to pay 3.99 just so i can use this app to make launcherpro my main launcher :icon_eek:

if you go into UD settings and enable God Mode, you can do all that simply with Astro.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Haha...im a little slow...just installed Launcher Pro & the 3d app drawer works sgain to.....sweet..

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Haha...im a little slow...just installed Launcher Pro & the 3d app drawer works sgain to.....sweet..

I was literally just about to post this...3D APP DRAWER IN LP WORKS! My life is complete....

EDIT: well, kinda. Still bounces back when scrolling back up, just not quite as bad. A little laggy for me too.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Did u set the overscroll setting to "extra light" ? At least now u can select icons with out the drawer freakin out....lol...

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I see what ya mean now on the bounce back....but even with the overscrolling disabled it still has the bounce back.....funny thing though....im so used to the overscrolling when i disabled it & used my phone it seemed like there was something wrong with it....lol...