The Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 - Multiple Phones

flipsy

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. It's a completely different ROM.
from what i've been reading, should i even flash to 3.1? or should i just stay with 2.5?

If you want a near-perfect ROM with almost no bugs, then by all means stay on UD 2.5 (or PE 2.4 which is also fantastic). But if you want to try something new then give UD 3.0.1 a try (or PE 5.0 which, again is fantastic). Remember, when we put a Gingerbread ROM on our phones, we're running an OS that hasn't been released for our phones yet (and never will). So there will be bugs. But I have very few and many of them aren't related to the ROM but to apps not yet being compatible with GB).

If you decide to try this or any other GB ROM, I suggest you do a complete wipe first. And not just selecting "wipe data/cache" from within ROM Manager. Go directly into recovery (this is assuming you use CW), wipe data/factory reset, then to go Partitions Menu and format boot and system, then go to advanced and clear dalvik cache. And I personally do everything above three times each. I'm not sure if it helps, but it makes the OCD in me feel better.
If I do a complete wipe, will that wipe my SD card? Will I lose my photos and other nandroid backups?

OSX2000

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks 3.0.1 is more stable than 2.5? I ran 2.5 for a while, but downgraded back to 2.4 because I found that to be more stable. But 3.0.1 blows 2.4 way out of the water! I've had literally no problems with 3.

isoDUB

Reaction score
hey if i install this on the htc hd2 does it only boot from the sd or can it be flahed to he nand? thanks.

plasma510

Reaction score
I registered on the UD forums and have been for about 2 days but every time i try to download this it says that i dont have permission and if i try to post about this problem it wont let me post

2Turbo4You

Reaction score
Been having to problem lately with UD 3.0.1 where I randomly do not receive some of my text messages. I even flashed a new kernel running at 1000 mhz but I am still seeing this problem from time to time. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

laneza01

Reaction score
I have been running 3.0 for about 3 days on my D1 now and I have noticed a few problems.
1) Wifi is the biggest one. I don't use it all that much so I keep it turned off most of the time. I tried turning it on for the first time and it just said connecting. I have had this problem before and i just turn wifi off and back on and it usually says scanning and then finds my router. However this new ROM, I had been running UD2.5, will not let me turn wifi off without restarting, and even then, it remains on. So I cannot use wifi because it never scans.

2) not a huge deal for me because I use Better Keyboard, but the hardware keyboard on android keyboard just maps to shortcuts (hit "m" goes to messaging, ect.).

3) I get force closes on application launcher if i leave any app up and lock the screen. When I unlock the screen i get a not responding window.

I have tried a few different kernels, ChevyNo1 800 and Slayher 800-1200 kernels. On 2.5 I could use the 1200 Slayher kernel no problem with low temps. So It doesn't seem like a kernel problem (however if there is a preferred kernel a recommendation is appreciated). I used the GLD method for installing this rom to a T also. I haven't tried reinstalling everything yet but wanted to see if there was a simple fix first. Thanks.

FastKatt

Reaction score
I might have to revert back to 2.5
I'm missing important text messages, randomly...
Anyone have a fix?
And, a way to prove it works?

2Turbo4You

Reaction score
I am with FastKatt on this. Been happening for almost a week now. Anyone have a fix for not receiving text messages issue?

caseyc

Reaction score
im reverting back to 2.5 as i type, i have only been getting about 3 hours on a full charge with 3.0.1, i could get 12-15 hours with 2.5, i will stick to it until these issues get fixed

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
If I wanna use the stock music app that's in this rom for like every rom I use in the future can I just adb pull it and then install that apk whenever I want cuz this music app looks really good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

GarciaFan

Reaction score
Missing txt messages

I can confirm I'm having the problem as well. i was thinking it might be because I was running another kernel at 1.1GHz. Seemed to start last week. I may have to revert as well as my wife is unhappy.

ujhony03

Reaction score
does anyone have a link to the download. i cant seem to get it anywhere. The UD site keeps giving 404 on the DL link... cant seem to find anyone with a rapidshare of it