[THEME] New Theme! 1st ROM, 1st time seen... CHROME! For UD 2.1

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Like for instance your #8 icon in your phone APK... it is currently 9.28 KBs, but I just reduced it to 4.55 KBs just by changing it from RGB to grayscale...that's 'half'... I think if you did this with every image, you'll be good to go even including all of your APKs...

Kinda why I asked if you added a lot of layers when you made all of the images, I knew they were going to be huge per PNG, and if they are all RGB, that'd be why your theme is so huge in overall filesize...;)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
well.. that won't take long..lol
Well you knew the job was dangerous when you took it!!///LOL

It'll take probably all of tonite, but in the end you'll still have everything included in your theme that you wanted...;)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
hmm.. I just indexed an image and it grew by .50 kb

I also just changed on to greyscale and it went from 81kb to 24kb.. am i losing image quality by doing this?

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
hmm.. I just indexed an image and it grew by .50 kb

Depends on what you did to the images... go grayscale.. that'll reduce the size for sure... just can't do that to anything with color.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
What's up ballmore! Are you talking about the setting menu? My Market is running but that's because it was already there before running the theme.

hey Adroid. Thanks for the logo. I'm talking about when you tap the menu button and the small menu pops up at the bottum of the screen. I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I'm also trying to fix the constent flash issue in the camera app that people are finding with ud2.3
I had market all afternoon before he I flashed the theme. I think that we all need to buy X a beer when he finally gets this figured out cuz this is a great theme and he deserves it. It's gotta be hard trying to keep up with rom updates all of the time.[/QUOTE]

No problem on the logo. I had that problem with some items not being themed. Until xkape told me to delete the boot animation from the systems folder. Re-flashed the theme and everything came up themed.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Adroid.. just so you know.. I only mention that file cause of its size.. the more you get rid of in there the more you will get in return.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Mbk - ok so I need to RGB it cause in the future, this them will be getting color verisons. Blue Chrome, Red Chrome, Pink Chrome, and, the much wondered about, Black Chrome.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
We should team up by the way Mbk.. You have bronze and I have gold and this theme could be considered Silver right?

We could call it a theme of "Olympic" proportions :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Mbk - ok so I need to RGB it cause in the future, this them will be getting color verisons. Blue Chrome, Red Chrome, Pink Chrome, and, the much wondered about, Black Chrome.

Index them then... try out more than one image and you'll see the sizes drop like friggin crazy..

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
HaHaHaHa.... Well then I guess you're the Olympic Champ...lol ;)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Nah.. just thought it would look cool to have elements of them all... Especially around the summer olympics.. Maybe toss in a USA USA.. somewhere.. wallpaper could be the main stadiums nighttime image? I dunno.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
If I were the Olympic Champ, I would be rich enough to not live paycheck to paycheck and keep getting notices about getting stuff shut off. Yeah baby!

which reminds me.. if my electric or cable ever goes.. watch the Dayton news for a suicide jumper..lol Just kidding, Id make it quicker than that.. haha.. just kidding. Id call my mom :dancedroid:

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
ok kids.. www.metamorphosex.com/Custom_X_2.3_UD.zip try installing it without going stock 1st. If that fails. go stock I guess. Then.. Mbk... try installing your theme back without going stock 1st.. If all that works... I'm donating $5 to God for making my life easy for a couple minutes.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Mbk.. I do plan on editing all my images to indexed but, for now.. in an effort to make things simple.. I just deleted Dolphin and Gmail.. I never use them anyway. I also themed the latest Vending.apk and stuck it in there. Inverted one I mean.