xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Red Glass http://www.metamorphosex.com/Red%20Glass%20UD8.0.zip
Hot Pink Glass http://www.metamorphosex.com/Hot_Pink_Glass.zip
Indigo Blue Glass http://www.metamorphosex.com/Indigo_Glass.zip
24k Black Glass http://www.metamorphosex.com/24k_Black_glass.zip

Red Glass credit goes to Cuttalott who says "I have to give credit to Roberj13, Steelbeast, and Team Chaos"

Hot Pink Glass credit goes to Cuttalott who says "Some images and framework is credited to JRummy16 (Pink-Life)"

Indigo Glass credit goes to Cuttalott.

24k Black Glass credit goes to Cuttalott.

All these themes were made by Cuttalott for UD 6.0 and after weeks of trial and error and losts of question asking, I finally figured
out how to port these over to be compliant with UD 8.0.
If anyone was missed in the credits please let me know!!

THIS IS JUST THE ICONS. It does however include the themed apps.

Next up are the xml edits which I will have to do myself.

If something is missing or if you want something customized, please let me me know and I will do what I can. No promises but I will definately try.

Disclaimer: Please make a backup first!!! I am not responsible for your phones well being. This is my 1st theme (porting or making one). This is also the 1st time I have ever had a website where someone could download something as well.

That being said, it works just fine for me.

I installed this using SPRecovery.

Download the file, rename it update.zip move it to the root of your SD card. Reboot into SPRecovery and install. Reboot phone and enjoy!

Please post your screenshots! I am only using Red Glass.

Last edited:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Downloading red and 24k now, gonna see which I like.. if I keep em I'll post a shot once I get the program for screen captures

Sent using the latest in quantum physics technology... (rooted) DROID via Tapatalk

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
My red glass icons don't look the same as your screen shots, most noticeably the market and gmail icons. My gmail looks like the regular gmail icon in the google browser (white letter with a red M), and the market app just replaces everything green with red.. is there something i have to enable or do differently? Also, how'd you get your dock like that?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
OK, no worries.. that was something you have to do yourself. If you search for Red Glass, you will see where Cuttalott made this theme for UD 6.0 and BB 0.4. In the 1st post, there is a Wallpaper and Icon Pack. Go get that and then you can change your icons to black if you want instead of white (most of em anyways.. can't theme all xxx,xxx thousand :) .

As far as the dock goes, I am using Launcher Pro.So, I hit the menu button on the phone then select preferences>appearance settings and then in there the 1st option is "dock background" I have mine set to "glass".

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Haha yea I hear ya, I didn't know if it was just a random setting to turn everything white to black that came with the theme, I'll look in to it. I need to figure out how to do all these little edits, it'll keep me occupied at and let me get an even more custom phone lol. Thanks for the heads up. And for the LauncherPro too. Doubt I'll use it, wasn't too happy with the program overall the first few times I've used it. Red Glass looks kick ass tho!

whowland

When you get the Pink Glass updated with the handcent and facebook could you post up an update.. The wife loves the way it looks just wishes it had those two themed.. Thanks in advance..

AquasDragon

FC's

Just noticed after installing the hot pink on my friends phone none of the special settings under the ultimate settings will work (all get a force close). The other options work just fine. Just wondering if anybody has ran into this before. Already tried fixing permission, battery pull, restart, didn't wipe before installing but had no issues before installing the theme. Thanks for any input.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Just noticed after installing the hot pink on my friends phone none of the special settings under the ultimate settings will work (all get a force close). The other options work just fine. Just wondering if anybody has ran into this before. Already tried fixing permission, battery pull, restart, didn't wipe before installing but had no issues before installing the theme. Thanks for any input.

Interesting to note... looks like I will have to make a backup and install pink glass to see if I can recreate the issue. Weekend project.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
When you get the Pink Glass updated with the handcent and facebook could you post up an update.. The wife loves the way it looks just wishes it had those two themed.. Thanks in advance..

You can customize Handcent fairly easily just by clicking on the menu button and going to settings. There's tons (tons i say) of customization options in there. Or, if you tell me what she wants it to look like, I'm sure I can give it a go.

As far as Facebook is concerned, I don't use it but my wife does. Over the weekend, I will pull it off her phone and see about themeing the newest version.

Better yet, email me [email protected] her facebook.apk file. It does NOT store info in it other than just the app code and what it's supposed to look like. That's stored in the cache on the phone so don't worry about me trying to hijack her Facebook. This will ensure I am updating her exact version. As far as Handcent goes, if you want me to do it, I use that program so I will just use my apk file.

apk files are located in (Using Root Explorer or a file manager that let;s you see your phones files) system/app Just longpress on facebook.apk and scroll down and select "send"

Last edited:

whowland

You can customize Handcent fairly easily just by clicking on the menu button and going to settings. There's tons (tons i say) of customization options in there. Or, if you tell me what she wants it to look like, I'm sure I can give it a go.

As far as Facebook is concerned, I don't use it but my wife does. Over the weekend, I will pull it off her phone and see about themeing the newest version.

Better yet, email me [email protected] her facebook.apk file. It does NOT store info in it other than just the app code and what it's supposed to look like. That's stored in the cache on the phone so don't worry about me trying to hijack her Facebook. This will ensure I am updating her exact version. As far as Handcent goes, if you want me to do it, I use that program so I will just use my apk file.

apk files are located in (Using Root Explorer or a file manager that let;s you see your phones files) system/app Just longpress on facebook.apk and scroll down and select "send"

Will do brother.. And as far as Handcent I was talking about the icon itself, I can do all the internal stuff.. I'm just not at all a coder...

Last edited:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Xkape: where in the apk file can you manipulate how (first) the icon looks, and how (second) the app looks. I'd love to try to customize some apps (app and icon) on my own.

Btw, I really like the font that came with this red glass! What's the name of it?

(rooted) DROID via Tapatalk

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Odd the icon didn't come over. Let me see if I can just get you the icon and then you can reset the shortcut once you put it on the phone.

whowland

Odd the icon didn't come over. Let me see if I can just get you the icon and then you can reset the shortcut once you put it on the phone.

Cool man.. Thanks for taking the time.. That's all we are worried about is the icons, the facebook and handcent icons..

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Xkape: where in the apk file can you manipulate how (first) the icon looks, and how (second) the app looks. I'd love to try to customize some apps (app and icon) on my own.

Btw, I really like the font that came with this red glass! What's the name of it?

(rooted) DROID via Tapatalk

I suggest to you to google search for "Ultimate theming Guide" android.

The explanation is way long and I do not want to write it up in here as if I'm the one that figured out how.

I'll have to get back to ya on the font as I will have to find out what comes preloaded. However, if you do menu>settings>ultimate droid>UD Extras you can look at all the installed fonts for UD8.0

Last edited: