They broke tapatalk

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
So they changed tapatalk and I'm not liking it anymore. I contacted them and they have no interest in fixing it. I primarily use my phone to read and post on these forums. Is there another app that anyone would recommend than tapatalk?
Thank you,
Eric

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What version do you have?

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
So they changed tapatalk and I'm not liking it anymore. I contacted them and they have no interest in fixing it. I primarily use my phone to read and post on these forums. Is there another app that anyone would recommend than tapatalk?
Thank you,
Eric

What is it that you don't like???

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
I don't want notifications. I want the little check boxes for each forum brought back. The "Mark read" check box and the number of views. I don't want to click the little ... For each and every discussion to mark it read. I liked being able to click each one as I went to clean up my list. I know I can scroll through them and then click "Mark all read" but that seldom works and I just liked it the way it was. I don't understand why they have to change things all the time. Leave them alone.
Is there another program that people use for forums on their phones?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
At one time we had a dedicated Droidforums App. It's still on the Play Store but has not been updated or is being supported anymore. I don't know of another App like Tapa. Perhaps someone will have a recommendation.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is there another program that people use for forums on their phones?
I'm not aware of one, but I know there are some people who just prefer to use the mobile web version of the site. It's easy to mark everything read there and navigate and you'll only get notifications if you're actively looking at it.

You can tell it to remember you and you won't have to log in each time, just launch it and go.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The 3 dots are to make the layout more streamlined. The check boxes took up screen space. Each update sometimes brings new great features, like having notifications in one spot and it can break others.

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
I use tapatalk for 6 different forums and had a system for checking up on what I wanted to and didn't. I could never use notifications with all the posts that come through. One of the forums the "Mark all read" doesn't work and I have to go through each and every thread to clear them now! Sucks! This isn't working. :-(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That might not be completely Tapatalk's fault. If the forum administrators make changes on their end, they're not always compatible with Tapatalk.

I'm also a little bit confused, because Tapatalk has been the way it is now for months. Did you just not update it for a long time?

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
I have it set to automatic update, it just updated yesterday.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My last tapatalk update was 11/12/2015 version 5.3.6

To the forum that you can't do "Mark all posts read" Check to see if they have the latest tapatalk installed on the server. Admins get notified when tapatalk updates. Something may have changed.

OP
M

Mehr4x4

Reaction score
Everything worked fine until the last update to my phone. No you can't make everyone happy all the time I guess.... But this is now boarder line useless for me.