Thinking about upgrading from OG Droid

mtpeke

Reaction score
I saw the Razr recently and it sure does look nice. Thinking about upgrading to it from the Original Droid. My concerns are 1) can not replace the battery or pull the battery 2) no real key pad though that isn't a huge concern. 3) battery life

Any thoughts/opinions?

Deron

Reaction score
Read through the posts in this forum. It seems that those are the main subjects people talk about. In regards to battery life, read my thread on Battery life comparing Droid X to Droid Razr that I will bull to the top. It'll give you more info on battery life than you'd ever want to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bwcamp17

Reaction score
I was in the same position as you a few days ago. The physical keyboard was something I required of my last phone and the touch screen on the Droid was just a plus for me. However after the first day I had that phone I never used the keyboard again. Partially because it sucked but mostly because I fell in love with the touch screen. The Razr seemed perfect. I was worried about battery life, however I'm on my first full charge today after I let it die last night, and its on 40% after 11 hours of use. My Droid would've been dead by now. Smart actions is probably the most useful app I could have on this app. Go for it my friend.

BhamItGeek

Reaction score
I made the same change a couple weeks ago and have absolutely loved the Razr... Its blazing fast compared to the OG....even with me having it OCd with Bugless....I haven't regretted the swap.

vonfink13

Reaction score
made the same leap about 3 weeks ago...no issues at all..swype made the transition from physical keyboard to virtual extremely easy...i am loving my razr...

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
So what do you do if it locks up? There is no battery to pull?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So what do you do if it locks up? There is no battery to pull?

Power button and volume down power cycles the handset. Great handset. I love it.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
Was it hard to root ( I'm a newby at rooting ). My gaol is to teather my laptop or tablet when traveling. I had someone do that to my droid.

vonfink13

Reaction score
You really can't compare the two...my og Droid was locking up 3 or 4 times a day and it was so damn slow...it was a great device but its time had come...

merlin4979

Reaction score
I'm looking to make the same move - coming from an OG Droid to a RAZR. My renewal date was (finally) just this week.

Just waiting to see if the renewal price drops below the $200 mark. :blink: Anyone know of a cheaper alternative for picking one up other than Amazon?

breedingh8

Reaction score
I'm looking to make the same move - coming from an OG Droid to a RAZR. My renewal date was (finally) just this week.

Just waiting to see if the renewal price drops below the $200 mark. :blink: Anyone know of a cheaper alternative for picking one up other than Amazon?

Yeah let me hunt it down get you a link

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score

Sorry thought it was cheaper...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums