This Is The Floating Action Bar That Will Replace The Second Display On The LG V30

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize-png.77758

LG loves to tease us as they get close to announcing their next big device. Today they released some images showing off the new Floating Action Bar. This will presumably be replacing the secondary display on the LG V30. The floating bar will be collapsible to the right side of the screen when not in use. You will have use to many functions in the action bar much like what we had with the second display on other V series devices. The new always on display will feature new customization options. You will be able to add things like floating tools, music player, or pictures to the always on display. The V30 is shaping up to be one of the more exciting devices being released this month.

via AndroidPolice

Attachments

• ap_resize.png
    ap_resize.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 3,580

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as long as the user has the ability to turn it off it would be great. also need the ability to move location. it is right where most will hold their phone.

APKPure

Reaction score
Website
1apk.co
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8
Twitter
@videobigolive
It looks great. Its look is very smooth

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you guys serious, right now? Have you seen and or used the V10 or V20 with the second screen? And now... it's a TOOLBAR? Don't we all love extra janky tool bars? /sarcasm
Come on fellaz... this is a fail all day.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pere is salty today LOL

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Are you guys serious, right now? Have you seen and or used the V10 or V20 with the second screen? And now... it's a TOOLBAR? Don't we all love extra janky tool bars? /sarcasm

I never used a second screen so it is something I cannot miss. at this point, as I said in my original post, I hope the floating toolbar can be turned off, I doubt it would work with smartlauncher pro 3 that I put on all of my phones and tablets.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I agree, maybe there's another reason for getting rid of it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
It's supposed to be an AMOLED screen I'm assuming, given the always on display feature. The whole reason they added the 2nd screen was because always on would have been killer on the previous qHD displays. Now that they've finally made the jump to AMOLED, they can ditch the second screen and roll it's functionality into something else. Though I agree, I hope there's an option to turn it off. Most of the features of the second screen, I already had going with apps before I purchased my v20.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be an AMOLED screen I'm assuming, given the always on display feature. The whole reason they added the 2nd screen was because always on would have been killer on the previous qHD displays. Now that they've finally made the jump to AMOLED, they can ditch the second screen and roll it's functionality into something else. Though I agree, I hope there's an option to turn it off. Most of the features of the second screen, I already had going with apps before I purchased my v20.
So make the second screen an amoled and save even more power?

I use always on with my g6, it's not a good enough replacement.

Honestly instead of calling it the v30 just make it what it is, the lg g6.5

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
LG 6 Plus... I personally like its look but it was nice to see a little different look with the second screen.. At least LG gave up on those horrible mods on the LG 5.. Give them credit for trying..

Sent using Tapatalk

MrQuinn

Reaction score
I don't see how that will replace any second screen, really?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MrQuinn

Reaction score

I don't see how that could replace any second screen

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk