Those "Aha Moments"...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Post here any short stories about a time you were using the Watch and thought "so glad I have this thing!"

Example:
I get home from work yesterday. Getting ready for a trip, running around the house like a crazy person. I go downstairs to fold some clothes when I realize I'm waiting on an important text from a buddy.
"Crap! Have to go grab my ph... O wait! No I don't."
The best part of that story is when I realized my watch just saved me a trip upstairs, I tilted my wrist and said "OK Google. Remind me to post this story in the forum tomorrow".

Turbo Tap'n

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This wasn't an Aha Moment but I was pretty amazed. Dinner at the corner bar with my wife. Looking for my phone. Can't find it. Look at the watch...huh...still connected. I must have it! Dig through my coat again. Nope.
Wow....its in my car...and still connected!?! See attached. That white car on the right is mine.
So now its a car alarm, too! Ha.
30 minutes later and my watch starts vibrating: Leave Your Phone? Look out the window and a Grand Cherokee is parked next to me.
f77945791583192aecc70c761401e5c0.jpg

Turbo Tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's funny!

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine wasn't so much of an aha moment as a "I'm really going to like this once I figure it out" thing.
Buddy of mine got a Gear S for Christmas and we've been texting about it since. I initiated a text on mine when I first got it stating I'd just gotten one. His response was "who is this?" which made me realize the watch was in standalone mode because I'd left my phone in the truck and was out of range for it to sync with my phones number for texting. About a day later I found a pdf owners manual explaining how to use the phones number when not tethered to the phone, making the watch even more useful to me and the reason why I got it over the Gear2 Neo (the awesome deal I got didn't hurt either)

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
No Aha moments for me. One of the reasons I got the 360 is because I wanted a watch. The thing fit the bill as a time piece perfectly. The fact that it is a connected smart watch is a bonus. I usually spend $200-300 for a daily wearer anyway (I was a big fan of the Citizen Eco-drive line). I was fully aware of the smart capabilities before I bought the device, but the fact that the device I wanted looked like a time piece was the main driver.

I was never a fan of the square, "nerdy" looking devices. I have received a ton of compliments on my 360, and most people just think it is a normal watch, which is exactly what I was going for. I really really think that should be the long term strategy for marketing these devices. "Hey, look at how nice this watch looks! Don't you want to wear it? Oh and by the way it is Android-compatible smart capable!"

That's my two-cents. Nice watch first, cool connected gadget second.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Aha moments for me. One of the reasons I got the 360 is because I wanted a watch. The thing fit the bill as a time piece perfectly. The fact that it is a connected smart watch is a bonus. I usually spend $200-300 for a daily wearer anyway (I was a big fan of the Citizen Eco-drive line). I was fully aware of the smart capabilities before I bought the device, but the fact that the device I wanted looked like a time piece was the main driver.

I was never a fan of the square, "nerdy" looking devices. I have received a ton of compliments on my 360, and most people just think it is a normal watch, which is exactly what I was going for. I really really think that should be the long term strategy for marketing these devices. "Hey, look at how nice this watch looks! Don't you want to wear it? Oh and by the way it is Android-compatible smart capable!"

That's my two-cents. Nice watch first, cool connected gadget second.
Halving the price of them would go far in upping their sales and appeal. It would do more than any tv , radio , or print media commercial ever could.
My latest aha moment was out walking listening to Bluetooth music, get a phone call, answer it via the earpiece, have the conversation and realize only then that I'd left my phone at home. I'd forgotten I left it there and ignored the vibration telling me they were no longer connected.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Halving the price of them would go far in upping their sales and appeal. It would do more than any tv , radio , or print media commercial ever could.
My latest aha moment was out walking listening to Bluetooth music, get a phone call, answer it via the earpiece, have the conversation and realize only then that I'd left my phone at home. I'd forgotten I left it there and ignored the vibration telling me they were no longer connected.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Price is always a factor. However, I am pleasantly surprised at the price of smart watches. As I said, a nice watch will set up back $200+ anyway. So again, the key here is creating a nice watch first, and then secondarily talking about it "smart" capabilities. I really think that is what set the 360 apart. Motorola wanted to make a time piece, that also was connected. (Ok I am repeating myself so I will stop).

Price out a nice Seiko or Citizen watch and you will see. Of course if you are a Casio or Timex guy (nothing wrong wtih that by the way) then yes the smart watch arena may be more than you are willing to spend.

(Just as an aside: My $200 range Citizen Eco drive that had been my daily wearer, was a very nice, titanium watch. Loved the watch. No frills, nice looking, never had to change the battery. Had it for about 6 years. On a business trip to Seattle in late winter I decided to place it between the glass panes of a hanging lamp in my hotel room to charge it. Turns out it was a halogen lamp and it melted the watch face. In looking up this phenomenon online it turns out that this is a pretty common occurrence. for Eco Drive owners. But this is why I was in the market for a new daily wear watch, and couldn't wait for the 360!)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Price is always a factor. However, I am pleasantly surprised at the price of smart watches. As I said, a nice watch will set up back $200+ anyway. So again, the key here is creating a nice watch first, and then secondarily talking about it "smart" capabilities. I really think that is what set the 360 apart. Motorola wanted to make a time piece, that also was connected. (Ok I am repeating myself so I will stop).

Price out a nice Seiko or Citizen watch and you will see. Of course if you are a Casio or Timex guy (nothing wrong wtih that by the way) then yes the smart watch arena may be more than you are willing to spend.

(Just as an aside: My $200 range Citizen Eco drive that had been my daily wearer, was a very nice, titanium watch. Loved the watch. No frills, nice looking, never had to change the battery. Had it for about 6 years. On a business trip to Seattle in late winter I decided to place it between the glass panes of a hanging lamp in my hotel room to charge it. Turns out it was a halogen lamp and it melted the watch face. In looking up this phenomenon online it turns out that this is a pretty common occurrence. for Eco Drive owners. But this is why I was in the market for a new daily wear watch, and couldn't wait for the 360!)
That's where you and my twin brother agree. He's into nice watches and doesn't mind spending a bunch on one and sees the smartwatch idea like you.
I on the other hand can't justify in my brain that kind of coin for something that is a timepiece only, no matter its beauty. While most spend time making watch faces that really add to their smartwatch I found gadget nirvana when I found a launcher that'll hold up to 20 icons on my home screen.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
True story: wife had surgery. Didn't go well. She's OK now, but longer recovery. She's been recovering on the living room couch. Sleeping a lot.
Today she was sleeping on the couch, my son and I were (OK, are) in my bed watching Xmen cartoons upstairs. Wife wakes up. Sore. Needs her meds. Sends me a text only to be totally bummed when my phone notifies and it's sitting right next to her.
Not bummed when she sees me come downstairs because my watch is still in range, and I got her message.
I love this watch.

Turbo Tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hope she heals quickly. The more we use these things, the more we will find out how useful they can be. Another good example.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My a-ha moment makes me feel a little stupid, but figured I would share anyhow. I guess I should have paid more attention to the AW tutorial (we all paid real attention to that...right???) or read the FAQ section of the AW website more thoroughly. Like many forum members I receive a lot of G Mail messages for forum notifications. I knew that swiping L to R on watch notifications would dismiss them on my phone. I also noticed the Open On Phone option when swiping from R to L on the watch. Two nights ago I finally noticed the Delete option for G Mail notifications when swiping from L to R on the watch! How did I miss that before? Now I am thrilled that I can read and delete G Mail messages right from my watch!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you do when you can no longer remember appointments and phone numbers like when you were younger? Get a smartphone and use it's capabilities.
What do you do when you can no longer consistently remember where you put that smartphone that has your calendar and contacts? Tap the "find my phone" app on your watch.
Went walking today without the phone to test some stuff. Got home and couldn't remember where I'd left my phone.......

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Find My Phone... I use it several times a week. That alone makes the watch worth it.

Turbo Tap'n

Went to leave for work last week one morning. Watch vibrated. Looked at it and it said:

"HEY DUMMY! YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR PHONE WITH YOU!"

Okay, not exactly but close enough. Backed back down the drive and ran into get my phone. :)