Thoughts on the S10 Series

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good to know thanks. I'm kind of torn. I love my nav bars. Always have. I feel that it is a cool unique feature of Android that I enjoy. That said, I tried out gestures the other day, and found that I kind of liked it. Maybe I'll use both lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I love the screen real estate ...haha

You are only one toggle away from back and forth ..
3a851c0747fd2aa558bf68de69efe7d5.jpg

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the screen real estate ...haha

You are only one toggle away from back and forth ..
3a851c0747fd2aa558bf68de69efe7d5.jpg

S10+ Tapatalk
Ha you are right, good catch! I guess I can do both! Lol!

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well its been (3? Lol) weeks on the S10. So far so good, still love it. A couple of things:

-Battery has been solid. I can get a good 5 to 6 hours a day SOT, plus Dex use, plus Spotify streaming, Netflix, Youtube, etc. and still have a good leftover chunk at bed time. Maybe I should use my phone less lol.
-I don't mind the front facing camera at all. Actually I kind of like it.
-Same thing on the power button. I am used to it now.
-The prism black is a really cool blueish color in the light/at an angle. Too bad I have a case on it at all times.
-Fingerprint is ok, not great, but works. Part of that is that I left the screen protector on. I like the smart lock feature.
-I really liked the screen protector. I gouged it by accident, which is kind of annoying, but it is still better than one that I would apply, so I am going to leave it.
- I have noticed that the phone stays nice and cool. I don't play any graphic intensive games (Pacman maybe lol), but even when I am streaming Netflix/Youtube, it stays nice and cool.
-I keep my screen resolution at full resolution. I used to reduce it to 1080p on my Note 8 for battery, but found that is not needed on this phone.
-Speaking of screen, man is it good. Sound too.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree on plenty of things..

Battery is ridiculous.. I'm using it daily some days I will totally throw everything at it.. This past Saturday I streamed UFC for 4 hrs.. Youtube and web... Forums and social media... Google maps... It went 8 hrs SOT and I went to bed before 2am unplugged since early morning it had 19% left... Screen adaptive and full screen resolution..

Screen is awesome.. One of the best always top notch.. Speakers are loud and nice sound for not front facing...

Fingerprint I've retrained and now they work 90% or better..

Themes are good wish it supported Substratum but that's going away I think across devices...

I could use some more fonts.. Used to be able to load your own can't figure that out..

Nice feel in hand and surprisingly easier to hold with size.. much better than previous phones including Note 9 feel in hand..

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed.

Yeah I miss substratum a lot. I wish some of those devs would make Samsung themes. Same on the fonts.

And the feel of the phone is something I love as well. First S device since the S3. I may.... Stick to S devices instead of notes. We shall see.

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found this kind of cool. It is not quite there yet, as the app almost acts as a second lock screen, which I hate. But....It is a neat concept to have the notification light around the camera cutout...

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is! Nice to wake up to lol.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have Bixbi totally remapped.. I forgot I had the bxActions app from previous Samsung phones... Paid version gives a few extras plus did the PC connect to have full remap no delay...
6adb50f0c9668b4725eb4cde1ea62172.jpg

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a lot of options!

pchain

Reaction score
So I've had the S10+ for a couple weeks now and my overall assessment is very positive. In general terms it is a better phone in every respect than the Note 8 it replaced. Ergonomics is incredible, however there are a few things that drive me absolutely crazy to the point that I would look for a different phone. Namely, the inadvertent touches destroy the user experience for me. Whether it is in my pocket or not, after trying every option to prevent this from ocurring, I still deal with this daily. Very frustrating. This is the best phone I have owned but I find myself wanting a different device because of it. I also experience no response from time to time when toucimg the screen from time to time. And yes, I have removed the screen protector and changed the appropriate settings. Love the feel of the phone, but I would be lying if I told you I am hoping Samsung will give me an acceptable trade in value on the Note 10 if it means I don't have to put up with this anymore. sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. This is so close to being a perfect device.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So I've had the S10+ for a couple weeks now and my overall assessment is very positive. In general terms it is a better phone in every respect than the Note 8 it replaced. Ergonomics is incredible, however there are a few things that drive me absolutely crazy to the point that I would look for a different phone. Namely, the inadvertent touches destroy the user experience for me. Whether it is in my pocket or not, after trying every option to prevent this from ocurring, I still deal with this daily. Very frustrating. This is the best phone I have owned but I find myself wanting a different device because of it. I also experience no response from time to time when toucimg the screen from time to time. And yes, I have removed the screen protector and changed the appropriate settings. Love the feel of the phone, but I would be lying if I told you I am hoping Samsung will give me an acceptable trade in value on the Note 10 if it means I don't have to put up with this anymore. sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. This is so close to being a perfect device.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of the touch issues... Where are you seeing them the most... I'm currently reviewing a slim case and I've noticed I've had a few accidental touches because this case has no side protection.. Let's say I'm watching YouTube video holding it with case I hit another video.. Lol
I've not had issues from pockets yet though...

S10+ Tapatalk