Thunderbolt Rooting problem

wascapsfan

Reaction score
After reading the forums, I may have something new.
I was following the tutorial step by step when I got to the bootloader.
I hit the bootloader but nothing happened. I wiped the entire slate clean on the thunderbolt, which basically formatted everything other than my 32gb card.
OK. I start all over again by downloading PG05IMG_Downgrade (935 MB) It stated about 460MB but downloaded 935mb. Also redownloaded exploits.zip and PG05IMG.zip (399.38MB) Got through 2 steps until I added adb shell. It pulled up a # sign instead of a $ sign. Also, the bootloader screen wont come up on the Thunderbolt. I've done this numerous times and still no $ sign....only the #.
adb does recognize my phone
Please advise!!

robdec17

Reaction score
Ok im confused as to where you are? Are these the steps you have completed so far?

Step 1
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push misc.img /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Ok im confused as to where you are? Are these the steps you have completed so far?

Step 1
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push misc.img /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

Thanks for the reply. The very next step adb shell should give me a $ sign but it gives me a # sign instead.

hogowner

Reaction score
try using the 3 step method or the one step method.....

may work for you better

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
try using the 3 step method or the one step method.....

may work for you better
tried the 3 step and I have the boot screen but it isn't asking me to upgrade.HBOOT is highlighted
and my choices are fastboot,recovery,factory reset,simlock,hboot usb,and image crc

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
What happens when you run the next command

The system cannot find the path specified.
iot goes back to C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

Thats a windows error. Sounds like you are running "/data/local/psneuter" from the windows command prompt and not the adb shell prompt
This is what I run....C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools> adb shell and it pulls up a # sign when the directions say $ sign.
It worked the first time but when I had a problem later - I put the phone back to day 1 and now when I do what it states, I get the # sign which is wrong. It's asking for a $ sign

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Awesome. it got me to step 4. I did what it said and changed the PG05IMG download to PG05IMG.zip and sent it to my sd card.
Then I loaded adb reboot bootloader and it was basically accepted and it turned my phone screen to bootloader. I hit the power button on top of my Tbolt and now I get a choice of FASTBOOT,RECOVERY,FACTORY RESET,HBOOT USB, or IMAGE CRC. It's just sitting there doing nothing because I didn't select anything after bootloader.
Any advice??

robdec17

Reaction score
if the file PG05IMG.zip is in the root of the SD card it should start loading it automatically after the boot.

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
I showed it going into the sd card in the phone. It was over 900 mb and took about 5 minutes to load. Nothing is happening now though.
I just have the options on my phone that I last posted. I still haven't made a choice. it flashed very quickly when I hit bootloader but only gave me options spoken in the last post.