[TOOL] Easy Unlock Bootloader Komplete

KaChow

Reaction score
This guide has been created to follow the similar format as I provided with Easy Root Komplete. Unlocking your Bootloader is much easier than gaining Root, if you have managed to gain Root, then you will be very pleased with these simple click methods. In order to UNLOCK your Bootloader you MUST BE ROOTED, so please visit the Easy Root Komplete thread and install SuperUser to gain Root. If you have 4.1.2 currently and do not have Root, then unfortunately you will need to wait until Root is available on 4.1.2. Unlocking has been tested that I know of on ROOTED DEVICES running 4.0.4, 4.1.1, and 4.1.2.

Again, the sole purpose of this thread is to provide DroidForums.net members with support and understanding to gain an Unlocked Bootloader through the simplest solution that is possible. Fortunately, the Developer’s listed below did an incredible job of putting these download, point, and click solutions together, for all of us to benefit from.
A couple of items to keep in mind before proceeding:

1) Presently this is an IRREVERSIBLE PROCESS> that is if you Commit to this, You HAVE COMPLETELY VOIDED YOUR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY, WHICH IF YOUR PHONE BREAKS, VERIZON WILL MOST LIKELY NOT REPLACE IT> YOUR PHONE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, NOT MINE, NOT DROIDFORUMS.NET’S OR ANYONE ELSE’S.

2) You Must have ROOT, if you have ICS 4.0.4 or JB 4.1.1> Easy Root Komplete will help you gain Root. If you have 4.1.2 and have ROOT this will work for you.
First off please give a BIG THANKS TO Dan Rosenberg, aka djrbliss for cracking the code.

djrbliss

Some Important Developers that are responsible for achieving the successes that lead to us rooting our devices and keeping root are listed below. Not all Developers are listed.

MattLGroff

Hashcode

tucstwo

satman80

I ask one request to PLEASE THANK THESE HARDWORKING DEVELOPERS, FOR THEIR EFFORT, and THAT HAS LED TO OUR ABILITY TO GAIN ROOT. IF MY THREAD

HAS BEEN HELPFUL AND, OR OUR DEDICATED AND EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE MODERATORS ASSISTED YOU OR MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GAIN OBTAINABLE ROOT, PLEASE CLICK THE THANKS or THE LIKE BUTTON. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY AND WITHOUT QUESTION THANK THE DEVELOPERS FOR ALL THEY HAVE DONE.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No this is for Motorola devices.

xxxberto55

Reaction score
Recovery file #2 Dev-Host - Recovery Flasher V3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

The link does not work.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Recovery file #2 Dev-Host - Recovery Flasher V3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

The link does not work.

Recovery Flasher V4 is the latest version. OP updated and working.

SofahKing

Reaction score
I just tried this tonight 6/17/13 at 4am and it is rebooting my phone after running the .bat file, but then that black and white screen that comes up says "device LOCKED" instead of unlocked. and the super user and supersu part you said to do obviously doesn't happen either, because apparently it can't unlock my bootloader....do you think moto patched this already? Im no droid nooby, im very techy, but this is my first time rooting a droid. Thank you in advance for replying

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I just tried this tonight 6/17/13 at 4am and it is rebooting my phone after running the .bat file, but then that black and white screen that comes up says "device LOCKED" instead of unlocked. and the super user and supersu part you said to do obviously doesn't happen either, because apparently it can't unlock my bootloader....do you think moto patched this already? Im no droid nooby, im very techy, but this is my first time rooting a droid. Thank you in advance for replying

I get the fact that your not a nooby, but I came across an issue recently. You mention both Superuser and SuperSU, for some reason and I'm not exactly sure why, the Chainfire versions did not sustain root and I think that could be the reason Unlocking the Bootloader is not working. With Unlocking you need to have Root, which I would remove and uninstall the old Chainfire SuperUser apps and then go into the thread [TOOL] Easy Root Komplete, go ahead and install the Motochopper and extract the files then run the .bat. Also, update the binary in SU, once installed. Once, Root is established which it is the Superuser version from ClockworkMod. Then delete the Motochopper remains, and extract Dan Rosenberg's Bootloader Unlock and run it. Should work flawlessly this time. A little note about Recoveries, if you have Safestrap backups they work in TWRP, but not in any of the other Recoveries, make sure to use V4.

xmguy

Reaction score
Has the situation changed where the bootloader can be re locked? I would like the option to send the phone to vzw if need be.

viperguy586

Reaction score
I've ran into a bizarre issue...I rooted...unlocked..flashed a ROM over my stock backup(oops) then used that batman themed jb 4.1.2 stock flash...I'm rooted once again but boot loader is back to locked...not sure how the eff I did it but well I did.
Problem now is that when I try to unlock boot loader again it fails...ice: device found pushes unlock reboots install fail device not found..press any to finish unlock (in ap fast boot) failed ..press any button to reboot and exit...

Any ideas on how to unlock it now? I mean if I have to take a pic of the fuse I need to blow n I will take apart this RAZR maxx n blow it with my soldering gun...lol

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: NEVER MIND IM XT912 N I GUESS IT WAS A FLUKE IT UNLOCKED FOR ME THE FIRST TIME.....DISREGARD NOTHING TO SEE HERE. :)

Last edited:

xmguy

Reaction score
With this new update coming out. Is there a chance if I unlock my phone the update will RELOCK the boot loader so I could return to VZW if needed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
With this new update coming out. Is there a chance if I unlock my phone the update will RELOCK the boot loader so I could return to VZW if needed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums

No, if your bootloader is UNLOCKED this update will not lock it. You can lose ROOT though need OTA Rootkeeper to backup SU. If you lose ROOT with UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER you can FLASH back and RESTORE ROOT, if BOOTLOADER is LOCKED and ROOT is LOST, may not be able to Downgrade to Restore ROOT after the UPDATE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rcglider

Reaction score
I retired my trusty Dx (had about every different ROM made) after 3 years and bought a used razr maxx hd Saturday. It has the latest VW update put out the last few days; 9.20.1 XT926.Verizon.en.U.S. which as I understand removed the root and unlock exploit.

What is the status on this latest VW update? Can this phone still be rooted and or unlocked? It's been quite a while since I've messed with hacking phones so may need some refreshers and no doubt things have progressed since then.

Thanks.

BTW, there is no doubt VW is throttling 3G on this Maxx. With my Dx it was common to get 2.5 mB connection speeds with at 4 bars. Now I'm lucky to get 256k which really puts a kink in my style. Even on my Net Extender for the house it rarely reaches 1 mB.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I retired my trusty Dx (had about every different ROM made) after 3 years and bought a used razr maxx hd Saturday. It has the latest VW update put out the last few days; 9.20.1 XT926.Verizon.en.U.S. which as I understand removed the root and unlock exploit.

What is the status on this latest VW update? Can this phone still be rooted and or unlocked? It's been quite a while since I've messed with hacking phones so may need some refreshers and no doubt things have progressed since then.

Thanks.

BTW, there is no doubt VW is throttling 3G on this Maxx. With my Dx it was common to get 2.5 mB connection speeds with at 4 bars. Now I'm lucky to get 256k which really puts a kink in my style. Even on my Net Extender for the house it rarely reaches 1 mB.

Here have a look at this post of mine, I posted some information about the updates, what applies to which ROM versions, new Baseband Radios, and some info on Root and Unlocked Bootloaders. Follow this link here.