[TOOL] How to Upgrade/Downgrade Your Verizon Note 3’s Modem/Radio

wilyums

Reaction score
Had anyone found these downloads? The links aren't working. My note is really sucking at work. Hoping a different radio will work.

Gator22984

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy note 3
I haven't tried changing the radio yet I'm very new to this but as soon as I dialed the*#0011# my signal went up from 1 to 3 bars anyone know why? I'm current ly on the nc and have a significantly lower signal than my old Droid bionic

hellandj

Reaction score
I would be interested in trying an older radio but unable to find a place to download.

Gator22984

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy note 3

Gator22984

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy note 3
Nice.. Thank you sir.. I'd like to check the new radio out.. Flashing it tonight

N3 tap
I tried the flash thing on Odin and when it rebooted it stuck on the red Verizon page any advice?

Mmm Anarchy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon Samsung Note 3
I want to go back to MJ7 but cannot find a working link for that radio. The ones at XDA are dead. Does anyone have a working link

melissa4992

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 3
omg please help!!! this is the first time ive done this and something has gone wrong. first off let me state I have a Verizon note 3. I downloaded odin and then the mje file and followed directions to exact and after reboot of phone im getting error "system software error not authorized by Verizon wireless has been found on your phone. please go to nearest Verizon store for help. turing off and back on comes up with same screen. what in the world is going on!!! someone please help!!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Melissa! No worries, that's a standard warning message everyone gets when downloading a root file or similar mod file to your device. Ignore and continue where you left off.

S5 tap'n

Tlavery

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sm-n900v
Please please.....does anyone have a download link for the mj7 radio??

bowmanfence

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sm-n900v
Does the phone need to be rooted do complete this, I have unlocked and rooted my s4 but I have not done anything with the note 3 it is running 5.0 lollipop. I have sketchy service at my house and goes from 4g to nothing off and on in the same area of my home

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum! Who is your carrier, what is the model of your device? Just an FYI: The radios listed in the OP are specifically for Verizon model SM-N900V.
You do not need to be rooted for this particular method, BUT, this is specifically for Kit Kat and you're currently running Lollipop. If I'm not mistaken, once you've taken the 5.0 update, you cannot downgrade to an older version. (Hopefully someone can verify the same with the radio/modem)
When did you upgrade your device to 5.0? Did your reception problems start after talking the upgrade? Did you do a factory data reset after taking the update? Personally I would go that route first. A FDR is always advised after taking a major update like this. Especially on older devices.
Upgrading or downgrading your baseband firmware or radio will not always give you better reception, and in certain situations, can actually make it worse. I would try doing a FDR first.
Hang in there and hopefully one of our current or previous Note 3 owners can provide some more insight.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

bowmanfence

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sm-n900v
Welcome to the forum! Who is your carrier, what is the model of your device? Just an FYI: The radios listed in the OP are specifically for Verizon model SM-N900V.
You do not need to be rooted for this particular method, BUT, this is specifically for Kit Kat and you're currently running Lollipop. If I'm not mistaken, once you've taken the 5.0 update, you cannot downgrade to an older version. (Hopefully someone can verify the same with the radio/modem)
When did you upgrade your device to 5.0? Did your reception problems start after talking the upgrade? Did you do a factory data reset after taking the update? Personally I would go that route first. A FDR is always advised after taking a major update like this. Especially on older devices.
Upgrading or downgrading your baseband firmware or radio will not always give you better reception, and in certain situations, can actually make it worse. I would try doing a FDR first.
Hang in there and hopefully one of our current or previous Note 3 owners can provide some more insight.

I have Verizon Samsung Note 3 SM-N900V running 5.0 with baseband n900vvrueof1, bought the phone off my wifes friend to upgrade my work phone that was an iPhone 4s. I hate I-everything and love the android systems. As soon as I activated the phone it did 4 upgrades from 4.3 ending on 5.0 so I am not sure what service it was getting prior to the upgrade. every other Verizon phone that has been at my house gets nearly a full signal on 3g granted the Note 3 is 4g lte I would assume having the ability to switch to 3g and 1x I should hold some signal. I end up going from 4g lte 2-3 bars to 3g 1 bar to 1x 2-3 and no signal without even moving at times even showing 3g or 4g bars and as soon as I hit send on a message it says No Mobile Network and wont send. I did do a full factory reset today and have still been spotty on signal. figured changing baseband helped with my galaxy s4 previously so I might would give that a shot if I could at this point
S5 tap'n

bowmanfence

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sm-n900v
gonna have to get used to forums again I see...

I have Verizon Samsung Note 3 SM-N900V running 5.0 with baseband n900vvrueof1, bought the phone off my wifes friend to upgrade my work phone that was an iPhone 4s. I hate I-everything and love the android systems. As soon as I activated the phone it did 4 upgrades from 4.3 ending on 5.0 so I am not sure what service it was getting prior to the upgrade. every other Verizon phone that has been at my house gets nearly a full signal on 3g granted the Note 3 is 4g lte I would assume having the ability to switch to 3g and 1x I should hold some signal. I end up going from 4g lte 2-3 bars to 3g 1 bar to 1x 2-3 and no signal without even moving at times even showing 3g or 4g bars and as soon as I hit send on a message it says No Mobile Network and wont send. I did do a full factory reset today and have still been spotty on signal. figured changing baseband helped with my galaxy s4 previously so I might would give that a shot if I could at this point

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I also had problems with my Note 3 after it upgraded to 5.0. I remember I tried several things to get better reception but don't remember which ended up being successful. One thing you could try is remove your sim card, power phone off for a few minutes, power it back on without sim, power back off, replace sim, then power back on.

If that doesn't seem to help, try a new sim card from Verizon. They are free.

Oh, and welcome to DF!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6