[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.6.0 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, and quick tools utilities. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are now officially supported, including the new Nexus 10, Nexus 4, and 3G Nexus 7 (with full 4.2.0 support). The biggest change in this release is the fully web backed system which intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs and always makes sure you are using the latest files available. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

MainInterface_1.6.0_Nex7.png

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 | WugFresh

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

TeeX

Reaction score
this is awesome! Thanks for all your work Wug! :)

Will this work on my Linux Mint machine?

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
this is awesome! Thanks for all your work Wug! :)

Will this work on my Linux Mint machine?

Your welcome :) I built this as a windows app with Autoit and batch script. I am not as familiar with development on linux systems.. still learning. I suppose I could re-write my batch scripts in bash and do something like that, but that wasn't on my immediate to-do list. Its a possibility that I do something like that.

{{ WugFresh }}

TeeX

Reaction score
Your welcome :) I built this as a windows app with Autoit and batch script. I am not as familiar with development on linux systems.. still learning. I suppose I could re-write my batch scripts in bash and do something like that, but that wasn't on my immediate to-do list. Its a possibility that I do something like that.

{{ WugFresh }}

no worries, I'll just borrow my son's lappy with Windows 7 :)
If you have time and at some point can make a linux-compatible version, that would be shiny. I'm sure I'm not the only Linux user around :)

thanks again for this Wug!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome job wug!! Thank you, this is going to make many peoples lives easier :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

techinv

Reaction score
Also want to say thanks to wug.

I am guessing that this stuff will not work on a mac, correct?

briangp

Reaction score
Primary download is bogged to 1.5kbps download... LoL

Your mirror is 'generating too much traffic' haha.

No downloading tonight?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
More stable/fast mirror here. It's in zip format so you will have to extract first.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Not sure whats up. Says invalid security token. Registered to make sure that it didn't have to do with that, but no dice.

I uploaded it to our sister site Android.net. People have been able to download from there w/o registering first. hmm... will look into it. Might've changed when we upgraded the site.

Anywho, here's the DL page at android.net Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit - Version 1.0 - Downloads - Android Forum

Or if you can wait a few minutes, I'm uploading it to Droid Network now.

briangp

Reaction score
Uhhh, it may be a different page but its the same link :p I left it running from the first time and now its up to 70kbps so it may finish before I go to bed... LoL