touch screen fried...need to get stock

sevenpedaler

Reaction score
Hello. Please don't flame me....I've done a lot of homework, but I really need help. My touch screen is fried...I just rooted two weeks ago. The phone is almost unusable and I need to warranty it asap....but I need to get it back to stock. I've read tons, but I'm not sure EXACTLY what I need to do. I don't want to get denied by Verizon and get stuck paying $600 for a new phone.
This is what I have: Cynagenmod rom and I am rooted using their recovery.
I have a nandroid backup of my 2.1 unrooted on my sd, but the recovery does not see this. Is this because I am running 2.2?
Anyway, it really doesn't matter. The phone is pretty much toasted, screen anyway and I need to return it.
Do I reflash to 2.01? If I do this do I need to cover my tracks any other way? Should I clean out my sd? Or, should I remove my sd before I got to Verizon?
There is a lot of info out there and some of it is getting dated with all of the newer android versions. I just want to make sure I do this right and not brick my phone.
Thanks.

Reaction score
If you can't read the screen, how will they tell if you're rooted? I took a rooted phone back with 2.1 on it before we got the OTA and they replaced it no problem. If the screen is readable, then use the search button because there are a million and one threads on this.

OP
S

sevenpedaler

Reaction score
If you can't read the screen, how will they tell if you're rooted? I took a rooted phone back with 2.1 on it before we got the OTA and they replaced it no problem. If the screen is readable, then use the search button because there are a million and one threads on this.
No, screen still works, but very erratic....it is fairly common, but mine seems to be getting worse by the day. It started Saturday after using the Nav and it seemed to get very warm....maybe it overheated....I don't know.
I know there is a ton of threads. But like I said some of the info is getting dated.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use the sbf unroot. Rsd lite 2.01 file

OP
S

sevenpedaler

Reaction score
Thanks. I reflashed to 2.01 and then manually updated to 2.1. I took the phone in and a tech made an order for another phone sent fedex.

Give me a little time and I'll have this stuff mastered....I just wasn't expecting to have a warranty issue right away after I rooted. I've been doing my homework, but I needed to get back to stock NOW before the phone was completely unusable....which it pretty much is at this point.