Turn on Radio, LTE dump? IMS register? HELP!

helron

Reaction score
Guys, I'm confused. Saw this app appear after ICS legal upgrade to ICS on Moto Droid Razr:
1. Turn off radio.
What does this mean? GPS, BT??? I don't know and can't find documentation
2. Turn off IMS Registration required.
What is this?
3. Turn on SMS over IMS
Help!
4. Turn off LTE ram dump?
What do I need to do? Should I do anything and if so for what reason?
5. Toggle DNS????
Pls help, any info is very appreciated.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am sorry but I am not quite sure what you are asking here.

So you have a Droid Razr and it was on Gingerbread OS, then you got the ICS update pushed to your phone and you did it? Then you booted your phone back up and then what?

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Sydman, ICS was installed in June via mass update. I then found an added app, that details lots of stuff regarding phone, apps, etc. Opened it and found above. Now, I ned to know if I need to do anything within the screens above. At times I do lose 4g connection, so I am asking if I need to change settings, such as #4 above,
My phone booted up with no issue after update several weeks ago.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What is the app called?

Edit: Light bulb, oh that is the LTE off app for the TB isn't it? That gets you to the phone information, same as dialing *#*#4636#*#*.

Okay am caught up now, 94LT1 has ya covered I would leave those other settings alone.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would tap the pull down and select lte/CDMA/evdo. Don't mess with the other stuff. If you do an lte ram dump, it shouldn't do anything... I just did it and nothing happened... but just to be safe.. leave it alone

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
No, it's not the TB LTE On Iff app. I am familiar with that app. This is an app tittle PHONE INFO that I DID NOT install. Ot appeared after update, so Ot may be a ,oto or ICS programming app? It shows: phone information, battery information, usage statistics, Wi-Fi information, Motorola services.

Because I noticed an issue with connecting Droid to IPad, via legal Vz shae plan, I looked at info derived from this mystery app, and founs thi ga I am unfamiliar with and asked why here. can u look at my original post and tel me what 1-5 should be set to? thanks.......

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That might not be the TB app, but it is taking you to the same place. Again I would leave all those other settings alone.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
That might not be the TB app, but it is taking you to the same place. Again I would leave all those other settings alone.

Believe it is not the same. The TB app just displays half of what this offers. Wondering if the dump has something to do w 4g data loss. That's my question....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Dial

*#*#4636#*#*

From the dailer on the phone, that is the same place that the APP is taking you correct? FWIW I don't have that LTE Dumped checked and I have no problems tethering.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope......

It's the same thing you're seeing if you click phone information on that page after dialing *#*#4636#*#*

For some reason, I think you were just taken to that page. No worries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Thanks, so I assume that u think there is no need to do any of these? I would like to know what they each do/represent?
1. Turn off radio.
2. Turn off IMS Registration?
3. Turn on SMS over IMS
4. Turn off LTE ram dump?
5. Toggle DNS????

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Mt phone default is LTE/CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WMCDA. Checked my co worker, who does nothing to her phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have the Phone info app whch does take you to the same place as the LTE on/off app does. You can ignore all that other stuff and probably should. The only thing that you might adjust on that is whether you have it on LTE/CDMA/EvDO or CDMA auto (PRL) if you want 3g only.