Universal Androot

chuckoneil

Reaction score
Well guys I just came to the dark side?(well the better side). Just rooted using Universal Androot. How to: Root the DROID X Using Universal Androot | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I simply downloaded the link on my phone and installed with Astro file manager. And then opened the app and clicked root, about 20 seconds later and i'm rooted.

Now I just dont know what to really do... How do i go about getting cutsom roms and such or can i even since i did a 1-touch root?

Please answer!! any help is great. This forum roxs!

gr3tko

Reaction score
Universal Unroot for D-Inc?

Is Universal Unroot confirmed to work on the Droid Incredible?

gr3tko

Reaction score
Im sorry, i meant to post Universal Androot. Im looking into rooting my D-inc and installing Froyo since the 2.2 Froyo ota isnt out yet. Is there a specific link directly to a Universal Androot apk for D-inc running 2.1?

bpad10

Reaction score
I haven't seen a direct answer soooooo.................Does this method work to root Droid 1 with froyo 2.2? :motdroidvert:

-would like to root and simply OC my droid....and maybe play a little down the road....dancedroid

OP
C

chuckoneil

Reaction score
Oh i should have stated that i was running 2.2 (manual update) on the Droid. and it rooted

gr3tko

Reaction score
Universal Androot roots Droid Incredible 2.1 without bricking it, yes or no? Thats all i wanna know.

EbE404

Reaction score
Well guys I just came to the dark side?(well the better side). Just rooted using Universal Androot. How to: Root the DROID X Using Universal Androot | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I simply downloaded the link on my phone and installed with Astro file manager. And then opened the app and clicked root, about 20 seconds later and i'm rooted.

Now I just dont know what to really do... How do i go about getting cutsom roms and such or can i even since i did a 1-touch root?

Please answer!! any help is great. This forum roxs!

Personally, I would suggest exploring some of the ROM and hacking section of this forum to read up a bit on the different ROMs, but also to get an idea about not just what you can do, but things you should be aware of in case something goes wrong.

Now that you're rooted, you can do some really cool stuff, but you also have the potential to get into some trouble, so be careful and make sure you are up to speed on things like making backups.

ROM Manager is a good way to get started to find ROMs and will also help with things like backups.

Out of curiosity, did Universal Androot install a custom recovery? If it did, which one?

caseyc

Reaction score
if you rooted the Droid X i dont think you can run different roms unless somebody cracked the bootloader, thought the droidx and droid 2 still wasnt cracked yet

bpad10

Reaction score
is this the simplest way to root droid 1 (2.2)? Looking to root and simply overclock it.....

EbE404

Reaction score
if you rooted the Droid X i dont think you can run different roms unless somebody cracked the bootloader, thought the droidx and droid 2 still wasnt cracked yet

Oops, you're right-I missed which phone we were talking about here.

Backdraft

Reaction score
I'm wondering if rooting using this way (Easy Root/Universal Androot), is it the same as using the traditional way (Open Recovery, etc.)? Or are there some differences, however subtle, that we should know about and might affect some later hacking efforts?

EbE404

Reaction score
I'm wondering if rooting using this way (Easy Root/Universal Androot), is it the same as using the traditional way (Open Recovery, etc.)? Or are there some differences, however subtle, that we should know about and might affect some later hacking efforts?

I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't been able to find a lot of detailed information about what these apps are actually doing, and I have seen some posts from Easy Root users who have seen some odd behavior, particularly in recovery.

Azurikai

Reaction score
What i want to know is Can Universal Androot ROOT a Motorola DROID1 running 2.2