Unlimited Data Plans Incompatible with 4G? What!

OP
P

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies... All good news. Sad to see people like Arty either giving people bum advice, or attempting to decieve them into giving up unlimited data.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks for all the replies... All good news. Sad to see people like Arty either giving people bum advice, or attempting to decieve them into giving up unlimited data.

He's a Verizon employee doing what he's told to do. A muppet/puppet. Not knowledgeable except where he was taught to move people to new devices and new plans so they can make more money. If they can't make someone upgrade their phones and downgrade the size their wallets, "I'm sorry I can't help you."

rverginia

Reaction score
Any subsidies from Verizon on phone cost require a contract, which is where they get you when it comes to upgrades. If you pay full retail or purchase used from a 3rd party, you can remain on unlimited via a month-to-month plan and SHOULD be Grandfathered in until such time as you decide to sign a new contract. That caveat is that when you are month to month, you have no contractual obligations to them, but neither do they to you. They could yank your "Grandfathered" data at any time, since there was never an agreement in the first place.

If you are under a corporate discount (Microsoft, Boeing employees around Seattle) you can keep your unlimited plan (and it's only $20 a month). Yes, it's 4G. Check to see if your employer is a participant. You may be surprised.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
He's a Verizon employee doing what he's told to do. A muppet/puppet. Not knowledgeable except where he was taught to move people to new devices and new plans so they can make more money. If they can't make someone upgrade their phones and downgrade the size their wallets, "I'm sorry I can't help you."

People get paid to do their job. His job is to try and resolve your issue within the scope of his authority. If you want him to do what you want, you pay his bills.

There is no need to call an employee names. If you don't like a practice don't give money to the company that is responsible for that practice.

It's called a free market. It doesn't meant you get what you want for free. It means you're free to spend your money elsewhere.

OP
P

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
If you are under a corporate discount (Microsoft, Boeing employees around Seattle) you can keep your unlimited plan (and it's only $20 a month). Yes, it's 4G. Check to see if your employer is a participant. You may be surprised.

What do they call this program?