Unrooting the droidx

bmt626

Reaction score
I have just successfully rooted and unrooted my droidx i had to leave work so i can't do a write up but i have been able to remove su busybox and superuser.apk from my phone and it's not a brick :) keep in mind while root i did not remove and bloatware just installed wifi tether

I hope to have the instructions up soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

* update *
here are the instructions for unrooting the droidx enjoy and dont blame me if you get a $700 paperweight but this worked just fine for me i will try and do a video of the whole process if i need to for any non believers

i am not to blame if you brick your phone by trying this but i just did all the steps again and everythign worked out just fine for me now i had not removed any apks from the phone only installed wifi tether

okay to un root you device you need to go back to the folder where you droidxroot files normally
for me this was c:\droidxroot_v2
then do follow some steps from the root process

Run "adb push exploid /sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid"
Run "adb shell"
Run "cd sqlite_stmt_journals"
Run "chmod 755 exploid"
On your phone, navigate to a screen where you can switch wifi/bluetooth on/off easily (settings, or a home screen with a widget)
IMMEDIATELY after executing the next step, toggle wifi or bluetooth off and back on
Run "./exploid" and follow directions on screen. Once this completes you'll be back at a shell prompt.
Run "rootshell". You'll be prompted for a password.
Type in password "secretlol" and press Enter then you are root! (You'll know because your prompt will now be a "#" instead of "$")

now this is were things change instead of copying the files we will remove them

rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/bin/busybox

finally remove the rootshell

rm /system/bin/rootshell
reboot

now keep in mind i did not remove and bloatware apps please try and too a wipe before attempting this if you removed bloatware to ensure it will come back as it should

bje1982

Reaction score
I have just successfully rooted and unrooted my droidx i had to leave work so i can't do a write up but i have been able to remove su busybox and superuser.apk from my phone and it's not a brick :) keep in mind while root i did not remove and bloatware just installed wifi tether

I hope to have the instructions up soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ummmm is this a joke? Its really not funny man go somewhere else with that. Who are you ?.

littlerick

Reaction score
i was just fixing to see if i could unroot my x i'll wait for your write up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am pretty sure just removing those from the sdcard does not unroot the device.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
He may be saying whil erooted he did not remove / rename any stock apps, just installed wi fi tether, but we'll have to wait.

OP
B

bmt626

Reaction score
no it is not a joke and in know that i removed them from the /system/bin folder and the /system/app folder now keep in mind that when i did this i had not removed any bloatware so i am not sure if when you wide rooted if the bloatware will come back

OP
B

bmt626

Reaction score
i am rooting my phone again now so i cant go through the unroot i did earlier only hopfully clean it up first time all i did was get the superuser apk removed which does not unroot

bje1982

Reaction score
Lol yea the x gas been rooted, but the signed boot is still there

Dammn where have i been?? anyway if its rooted and the bootloader is still locked does that mean no custom roms but I could still get wireless tether and root only apps just no custom kernals or roms?

OP
B

bmt626

Reaction score
yes and root wifi tether works thanks to the droidx already having the correct kernal and files thanks to the built in 3g hotspot app with no extra data plan

bje1982

Reaction score
OP
B

bmt626

Reaction score
i update the OP with my directions for unrooting enjoy :) i also did a wipe after doing this just to make sure it will boot just fine and i am happy to report it WORKS !!!!!!

Mojo

Reaction score
Thank you for this information. If I get some conformations that it is sucessful I will sticky this.