Update? More like downgrade

Bulhedd

Reaction score
Ever since the latest update my phone has been doing the strangest things. It will erase app icons from my pages. Always the same apps too. And when I go into the appdrawer to place them back on my one of my pages, I get sent back to my main homepage after longpressing and choosing add to home.
Verizon wants to replace it with a "like new" phone, but I have a hard time giving up a new phone for a refurbished one. It's only 2 months old, and I've had no issues til that "update".

Has anyone else had problems with their X2 since the last update? Who would I contact to leave feed back about this poorly planned update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
Sounds like those apps are installed on the sd instead of the phone's memory. Menu/manage apps/media area and see if the disappearing apps are checked. If so, uncheck them.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

OP
B

Bulhedd

Reaction score
Thanks. That seems to be it. I had a Droid X before the X2 and the way they handle storage on the X2 surprises me. More confusing. The weird thing is that icons didn't actually disappear til after the update. Thanks a lot. Any idea's about why I can't add icons to my homescreen when I longpress in my app drawer? When I do it and tell it to add to home screen it just it kicks me back to the main homescreen and does nothing. The only way I can add things is longpressing the homescreen and using the shortcut/application path.

srvctec

Reaction score
Ha! I didn't even know that option was in the app drawer. I've always just long pressed on my home screens and added them that way. Is it maybe adding the shortcut to another one of the 7 home screens?

Sent from my stock DROID X2

OP
B

Bulhedd

Reaction score
No. I wish. Then I'd have a bunch of icons to drag to other places. Lol. It's a recent change. That's how I've been adding icons. I'm glad that I can still add icons, but it takes a bit longer for it to bring up the app list.

Solvet

Reaction score
My wife's x2 won't sync and backup since the alleged upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tinlizziedl

Reaction score
Mine has weird problems since the latest Verizon update, too.

Home button does not work.

3G failures - says 3G connected, but little arrows don't flash and apps say to check connection.

Texts from other phones register as sent, but I won't receive them for hours- sometimes not till after a reboot.

I loved this thing- is it possible to roll-back that last damned update?

Trimmer87

Reaction score
The update downloads fine then it shuts off starts installing gets abouta quarter of the way then the phone turns back on and says install failed any ideas what to do?