Update today

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks FoxKat! That's exactly where I was looking, but I don't have the VoLTE option at all...doesn't even show up, and I took the update this morning. Maybe it's not active in my area at this time.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. With the issues mentioned, I'm not sure it's even worth it. What are the advantages...any??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Oh, I didn't know that. With the issues mentioned, I'm not sure it's even worth it. What are the advantages...any??

Two things. First, the quality of the call - frequency response range, both supposed to be better, leading to less "what did you say?". Second, video calling is now a part of the phone rather than using Skype or similar third party app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are some advantages....clearer calls, HD video calls, 6 way conference calls, etc. The Verizon FAQ page (2 links listed to it yesterday) explains a lot of the new features. For me, it has not been a "wow...that's so awesome " feature so I am going to turn it off and keep my battery life.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Two things. First, the quality of the call - frequency response range, both supposed to be better, leading to less "what did you say?". Second, video calling is now a part of the phone rather than using Skype or similar third party app.
There are some advantages....clearer calls, HD video calls, 6 way conference calls, etc. The Verizon FAQ page (2 links listed to it yesterday) explains a lot of the new features. For me, it has not been a "wow...that's so awesome " feature so I am going to turn it off and keep my battery life.

Ninja'd~! LOL!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
But yours was more detailed, including the 6-way conference calling that I forgot about. ;)

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It actually works really well and it's nice to have video calling right at your fingertips....Which btw, you're able to activate anytime you're on a call.
That said, the battery drain is not worth it for a feature I rarely use, so I'm keeping mine off for now. We'll see how it does on lollipop.

S5 tap'n

Abby Normal

Reaction score
So I updated this morning and after reading all of the above I am wondering if I should even add volte at this time. I really like the battery strength I currently have and don't know anyone else who would have it installed to see how it works. Any comments?

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So I updated this morning and after reading all of the above I am wondering if I should even add volte at this time. I really like the battery strength I currently have and don't know anyone else who would have it installed to see how it works. Any comments?
This is just my opinion: The new VoLTE system has a few new cool features and I really like the new style Voice Mail that comes with it. But...I don't make many conference calls or HD Video calls. I make a lot of traditional phone calls to cell phones and land lines during the day for work. So for me, I can't afford the battery drain that VoLTE calls have. I am going to turn it off on my phone. If you don't care about conference calls, HD Video calls, new style Voice Mail and want better battery....it might not be an option you want to turn on. Hope that helps.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been on volte for about a month and haven't noticed battery drain. I still get about 8 hours screen time on wifi or 6 hours screen time on lte. I'm not a huge talker on the phone though, I make on average 6 calls a day lasting 1-2 minutes. I do like new visual voice mail very much, more so then even video calling. My wife loves video calling on her LG g2.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
It's added, I will run with it for a while and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for all the info so I could make a decision.............

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This is just my opinion: The new VoLTE system has a few new cool features and I really like the new style Voice Mail that comes with it. But...I don't make many conference calls or HD Video calls. I make a lot of traditional phone calls to cell phones and land lines during the day for work. So for me, I can't afford the battery drain that VoLTE calls have. I am going to turn it off on my phone. If you don't care about conference calls, HD Video calls, new style Voice Mail and want better battery....it might not be an option you want to turn on. Hope that helps.

It's added, I will run with it for a while and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for all the info so I could make a decision.............

Hey, I've been using YouMail (YouMail Visual Voicemail - Android Apps on Google Play for a couple years now, visual voicemail like the new one on VOLTE, but actually better. You can have custom greetings for every person on your contact list. It reads caller ID and greets new inbound messages with their first name...that has freaked out a lot of people. It also stores the messages on the phone rather than having to download them first so they're instantly playable. You have MULTITUDE of blocking features for the nasty collectors/solicitors/ex-girlfriend, etc. You can even spoof the answer for them with a "number has been disconnected" recording from Verizon, among other things. I used a recording from the Attorney General for solicitors that were bothering me...no more calls from them now.

So if you want visual voicemail, that's a perfect replacement for the VOLTE feature.