***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yeah try step two again. Make sure you have debugging on and are in charge only mode.

jawa6969

Reaction score
Whew... Making some progress now. Finished flashing hbooteng.nb0

Thanks for holding my hand through this. Beverage of choice on me if we ever cross paths in real life. :)

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Good deal, also if you check my original post ive attached a PDF with pretty good instructions on doing this.

drew

Reaction score
This wipes your phone, correct? Is there going to be a rooting solution (similar to Soup or Root, Z4Root) that doesn't?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Drew, yes this does whipe your phone. Who knows if we will ever get a 1 click root that doesnt wipe your phone.

I can tell you this. Rooting then using set cpu to underclock when the screen is OFF makes a HUGE difference on the battery.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
@jawa - were you @? You went quiet on me.

jawa6969

Reaction score
I read through your PDF. It states step 3 should reboot my phone. I cannot get step 3 to reboot my phone. Easy Rooter is showing:

Please make sure USB Debugging is on and you have already removed and replaced the usb cord to your phone to ensure it it registers.
Mounting /system
Copying su and changing permissions.
Reboot 2 or 3 times then open RomManager and intall the Thunderbolt recovery by clicking "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yeah seems to be a common problem. Unplug phone wait 5 seconds, plug back in and make sure debug and charge only are on. Then try step 3 again.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
No it has to be done by app. Did you try what I just suggested?

androidgeek

Reaction score
Is the htc sync supposed to do anything "sync wise" or do we just need the drivers? Adb recognizes my device, am I good to go on starting the steps?

jawa6969

Reaction score
No it has to be done by app. Did you try what I just suggested?

Multiple times.

I unplugged the device. Waited a good 20 seconds. Plugged back in. CHARGE and DEBUG only. Close Easy Rooter. Rerun (as Admin). Click Step 3. Still no go. Just get:

Mounting /system
Copying su and changing permissions.
Reboot 2 or 3 times then open RomManager and intall the Thunderbolt recovery by clicking "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
jawa try running the fix permissions in rom manager and see if it allows you to.

Android geek, yeah you just need it for the drivers.

Once you have those installed. Set debug mode on phone. Plug in and set to charge only mode. Should be good to start.