US Galaxy S4 Launch Dates for VZW, AT&T & T-Mobile in Leaked Staples Doc

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-staples-launch-leak.jpg

Several dates for the US version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 were recently leaked in an internal Staples document. As you can see from the pic above, the Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile versions of the SGS4 all have launch dates. Here's the quick breakdown,
  • VZW = May 30th
  • AT&T = April 26th
  • T-Mobile = May 1st
As you can see, Big Red is getting the device the latest, which follows their usual MO. Of course, the doc also makes it clear in bold that these are tentative dates, so expect them to change just in case they do. Of course, we will keep an eye on this and let you know when/if these dates match up with expectations. We will also be on the lookout for a release date for the Sprint SGS4.

Which carrier are you planning to grab an SGS4 from?

Source: GalaxyS4Forums.net via Engadget

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Can anyone explain whether Verizon is always last for everything?

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can anyone explain whether Verizon is always last for everything?

My personal theory is that they want a sweeter deal for the exclusivity, their marketing project is Droid not Samsung. Verizon has a massive market of hungry people who have lackluster phones 95% of the year, forcing them to take upgrades that are already out of date, and their relaxed attitude to OEM's causes them to want to sweeten the deal to be out on Verizon early while other carriers are jumping up and down "ME, ME!!!!". Instead Verizon says instead of us coming to you, you come to us since we're number one and have our own flagship brand that works just fine for us, just look at our numbers!. Of course there's little evidence for this since any flagship device Verizon backs up is old news before you can even sign the contract...oh wait, that is the evidence.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm going to wait to see what's up with the upcoming Moto/Google phone series to see what direction Google ownership takes. If Motorola/Google gives the "nerds" what we want then I'll support them fully with my dollars... if they fall short and go Moto status quo then the S4 will be my next phone.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Sweet my contract is up 5/26. Bye bye Verizon!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Weird, I really though Sammy would use its muscle as the biggest kid on the block, to demand a simultaneous launch across all US carriers. Kinda makes me wonder if the kiosk in Best Buy's are just a waste of money now?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Weird, I really though Sammy would use its muscle as the biggest kid on the block, to demand a simultaneous launch across all US carriers. Kinda makes me wonder if the kiosk in Best Buy's are just a waste of money now?

that's like the third grade bully trying to tell the fifth grade bully to give him his lunch money.

in the end Verizon has the leverage... what you want a simultaneous launch? how about we just pass on this phone. it might be suicide to vzw, but then again they've made some other poor decisions that didn't destroy them.

they get their way because THEY are the big dogs

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
After Christmas and all of spring has been really slow for them what have they got only Windows phones? You would think they would want to keep a steady stream of new devices all year around for all customers.