USB Audio Playback

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
For the most part, I love my new Galaxy Note 4. I'm unimpressed of a couple of things, though:
  • I don't see an official "Car Dock".
  • I have an iBolt Cardock, and when I plug it in, CarHome Ultra IS activated, but any audio is still played through the phone's speaker, and not through my car's stereo. My iBolt has a USB mini to USB/AUX split for charging and audio streaming, but I cannot get the audio in the Galaxy Note 4 to play through USB. I could do this just fine in my old phone, the DROID RAZR MAXX. What's the deal? Is there a plugin I could copy from my old phone to my new phone to bring back this functionality?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
In order to activate the "sound to car-speaker" functionality you must first go to "Settings" on your Galaxy device then "Accessory" and activate all three dock settings. By clicking on all three options in this menu the phone will "beep" when inserted and removed from the dock. The sound will be routed to the "external speaker" that is connected to the 3.5 mm jack, and then "DockMode" will be activated. Also make sure that the volume on your phone is turned to "max" as the car-stereo should be used for lowering and raising volume. Please note that most car-stereo have a button or setting called "aux/usb" or similar that must be used.

Customer Support

Vito.a

Reaction score
I have the same issue trying to use my Note 2 Dock. The Note 4 fits into the dock and charges. It even sees it as a dock and displays a message across the top "The Dock is Connected" and then displays a rainbow color scheme. But, there is no sound out of the docking station 3.5mm jack.

In Settings and then Accessories, my Verizon version Note 4 only has "Dock Sound" with an on or off check box, and an Audio output option which only has Stereo or Surround.
The Dock Sound option plays a tone when inserting and removing the phone from the dock. I can turn this on or off by placing a check in the box. No additional options.
The Audio output only switches between Stereo or Surround. Also no additional options.

Is this isolated to Verizon only, or are all Note 4 menus this way?
Is there a Dock app that may turn on sound through the micro-USB port?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have the same issue trying to use my Note 2 Dock. The Note 4 fits into the dock and charges. It even sees it as a dock and displays a message across the top "The Dock is Connected" and then displays a rainbow color scheme. But, there is no sound out of the docking station 3.5mm jack.

In Settings and then Accessories, my Verizon version Note 4 only has "Dock Sound" with an on or off check box, and an Audio output option which only has Stereo or Surround.
The Dock Sound option plays a tone when inserting and removing the phone from the dock. I can turn this on or off by placing a check in the box. No additional options.
The Audio output only switches between Stereo or Surround. Also no additional options.

Is this isolated to Verizon only, or are all Note 4 menus this way?
Is there a Dock app that may turn on sound through the micro-USB port?
What I did was buy an audio cable and run it aside the other cable. Plug it in the Aux and it works fine. I can not figure out why the audio cable that is attached does not work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vito.a

Reaction score
Just downloaded an App called "Dock Utility". It has some nice features like disabling the phone lock and keeping the display on, but still no fix for the sound, yet.

surgesound

Reaction score
Just downloaded an App called "Dock Utility". It has some nice features like disabling the phone lock and keeping the display on, but still no fix for the sound, yet.

What I really would like to see is for speakerphone audio to play over USB. Doesn't work with the Note 4, and didn'the work with my Droid 4 either. All other sounds, including music and video play fine through the Grom USB adapter in my Volvo. Sure would me nice if I could use the speaked phone too!