Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No, you have to use D2 SBFs and the correct one for the bootloader or it'll either not flash, be rejected, or screw the phone up. Go Motorola's encrypted bootloaders!

riguy156

Reaction score
under model i see S flash IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x00D011
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 2890010f44a03a0a0000d8ff0100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000cd6932890485
AP Public ID: 009450ecf4c298a12cb967c05bbb47087efc619d
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000ed153289
and then all of that when i click on it is this my phone

riguy156

Reaction score
pk iit just said switching device to BP pass through then it tried to install a d river on my comp and it failed now its stuck there help now it says flsahing failed failed result FAIL

riguy156

Reaction score
tried to restart my phone and it says bootloder

code corrup connect to USB

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Nice. So you ask a question and instead of waiting for the answer, you just go ahead. Did you use a .sbf file that is specifically for your Droid 2 global? Why did you want/need to do this in the first place?

AndroidThrasher

Reaction score
Since a lot of our tools have made it into our hands by way of "leaks" we don't necessarily have manuals for them, really know how to use them completely correctly. We make guesses and if our guess works, that becomes the way we do it.

can i stop an sbf mid process or am i going to do irreversible damage

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
can i stop an sbf mid process or am i going to do irreversible damage

Do NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT STOP THE FLASH PROCESS midway through!!! It _might_ be recoverable, but it increases the chances of trouble by about 10,000%!

barfight

Reaction score
my d2 is stuck in a bootloop tha i cant get out of. i am trying to use rsdlite to flash the 2.3.2 sbf but i cant get rsd to recognize my device. im not sure if my computer isnt recognizing my device because i cant get past the droid ever and bootloop or if its the program. i am in some serious need of help. never had to flash anything from the computer before and am a little out of my element. i feel like i understand the directions on how to run rsd but am missing something help please.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Dumb question. Are you in recovery or the bootloader when you try to flash? Have you attempted a factory reset from recovery after you get a PASS in RSD Lite?

RaceFaceXC

Reaction score
Thanks to the author, for helping me undo my f-up. This write up is great.

However, I have read through this and several other similar threads but cannot find any help with my problem. I was using a new File managing program and messed up my cut/paste with a file rename and then deleted the file, and so I lost my build.prop file. I was having no luck rebooting my phone, it would hang after the motorola "M" power up screen. So I flashed my phone with RSD lite 4.8 (4.9 wouldn't install on my laptop) and the 2.3.32 SBF the flash went well, no errors and I caught the reboot to get to the bootloader and got the "PASS" message. everything on my phone appears to be saved but I am roaming, have no data or phone service and cant make a call to my VM. Havnt tried calling an actual phone since its 1 am on monday night.

The about phone menu has my phone # as 0000000965 and the WiFi and BlueTooth MAC address' are "unavalible"

Any help is appreciated.

It's a Droid X with Verizon.

EDIT:

NM, found another walk through for n00bs like me. Dial *228 to reprogram

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge to help others! Def a lifesaver!

Last edited:

dispenser

Reaction score
Edit: WOOO!!!! I did it! I fixed it! I was able to get into normal recovery mode after flashing the DROIDPRO_2.26.20.sbf by pressing and holding R + M while pressing the power button. From here I was able to do a factory data reset and viola! No more bootloop!!!

I used this tutorial to flash back to 2.2.1 in order to use ClockWorkMod Recovery to flash to 2.3.3.

I accidentally deleted a system app in 2.3.3 and wanted to start over from the beginning.

So I attempted to flash back to 2.2.1 with RSD lite 5.5. Everything went fine. I got my PASS but now I'm stuck in bootloop.

I am still able to get into the bootloader so I tried reflashing 2.2.1 to no avail. I'm stuck right back in the bootloop.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Last edited:

Dabrits

Reaction score
Beautiful instructions! Many thanks! The only thing I might suggest is explaining what to do once the flash is done. My phone was still in bootloader after I got the "PASS" and closed out of RSD Lite. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just held down the power button, and rebooted it and it appears to be working great!

Potemkinbuster

Reaction score
I'm having some issues here while trying to install the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf into my D2G.

When I connect it to RDSLite it appears as follow:
IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x00D011
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 16200215f5c15d010000d8ff0100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000cd6932890485
AP Public ID: a750a1b4e4548bbe954b4332cc9f00dae6fdded9
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000ed153289

But when it finishes flashing (saying 100%) it cuts off from the PC and tries to connect again with no result. Then RSDlite says that it failed flashing it.

The error says:
Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone disconnected

Is there any way I can stop it from disconnecting?

djakrse

Reaction score
Did you perform step 9 correctly?

9.) So far this has all been routine and you're thinking "so what?". This next part is what will get you a result of PASS instead of a warning about destroying your phone. After clicking Start the flashing process goes through several distinct steps. At some point there will be a bit of a delay with RSD Lite showing a status of "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration". After that is when the actual flashing happens. When the flashing has completed, RSD Lite is going to issue a "reboot-bootloader" command to your phone. Unfortunately the Droid does not appear to implement the reboot-bootloader command correctly and does a normal reboot instead. If you don't "catch the boot" by holding up on the dpad key the OS will boot. Just before sending the reboot instruction to your phone the status in RSD Lite will change to "Phone[0000]: Phone is being rebooted". On your phone the screen will change to "SW Update Complete" (unless the message has been changed by the person who built the SBF) and your phone will reboot shortly thereafter. You want to be already holding the dpad key up when this happens. If you followed the instructions for Step 8 you have pre-read this step and knew to be ready for this. If not, your phone is probably already rebooted into the OS. If you miss it and the phone boots the OS it's no big deal (unless the instructions for the particular SBF you're flashing say otherwise). If that happens, let the phone finish its boot, and then just do a shutdown like normal. Then press/hold up on the dpad key and power back on. RSD Lite is patient and will wait.

10.) You should now be looking at the bootloader on the phone, and RSD Lite should still be saying "Phone[0000]: Phone is being rebooted". If too much time has passed RSD Lite may be saying "Please manually boot the phone". The "Progress" value on the screen will keep incrementing, and at some point before, or at, 100% the result should change to "PASS". You can now click Close to exit RSD Lite without getting any disturbing warnings.

Regardless, your phone will not blow up and should have been successfully flashed. I guess, a week later, you've already figured that out, huh?