Verizon and a Chinese knock off, just humor me.

Tjaden

Reaction score
ATM I have the thin droid RAZR model smartphone on Verizon, unlimited data, and another year on the contract. If all goes well I plan to stay with Verizon. Yet I'm sure any droid RAZR user knows this battery is terrible, and when I had the droid 1, it lasted a year before I noticed it was falling apart. So I got curious to what I will do after the phone dies and the service lives on.

I'm curious as to, is it possible for the Chinese knock off phones to run on the 4g lte network, and can the Verizon micro sim in my RAZR, make that phone work on the Verizon network. If possible, can someone tell me the frequency required to work on the Verizon 4g LTE network.

I know some people say the phones are crap, and they might be, but its an option and a gamble. I may try it and I may not, but I would like some information on my options for when that day comes.
Thank you for your time!

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, well.. probably not, and heres why: Most carriers have different frequencies for their LTE. LTE, unlike CDMA 2k doesn't necessarily have a "Standard". Different carriers tend to dump LTE onto different bands, channels, frequencies, etc., based on the spectrum they own. The SGS4, for example, is tuned for a number of different frequencies that are specific to VZW, if its a VZW model. Thats largely true for LTE. It might very well work on CDMA (up to 3G) because their channels are mandated by the PRL.

Hope that helps!

OP
T

Tjaden

Reaction score
It does help a bit, I have seen all those knock off phones say 3G and all on them so that is probably a safe bet. Any idea on how to identify a range of Verizon's frequencies? It maybe a challenge to find a knock off for 4G to begin with. So on the other hand, let's say it all works out and golden, what are the chances the Verizon SIM just won't work in the phone?