Verizon beings unlimited data throttle - Your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Verizon has great customer service imo. The reason you think it's bad is because you thought you were promised things like speed when you signed up for unlimited data. Now when you find out that that's not the case, you're not happy. Unfortunately you weren't promised what you think you were

verizons customer service SUCKS!!!!!! they always give me the run around and act like they are not listening and when i ask to speak to a supervisor they get snotty, So no they aren't that great unless your dealing with a different verizon that is unseen

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
verizons customer service SUCKS!!!!!! they always give me the run around and act like they are not listening and when i ask to speak to a supervisor they get snotty, So no they aren't that great unless your dealing with a different verizon that is unseen

I'm dealing with this one:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/18/sprint-joins-verizon-atop-customer-satisfaction-survey/]Press Releases | JDPower.com
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Wireless-Again-Tops-In-Customer-Satisfaction-98178
[URL="http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20004547-94.html"]http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20004547-94.html

[/URL][/URL]Those are from several years, including. Think you may be the one that is dealing with the Verizon that is unseen haha...they've been tops in customer satisfaction for years.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint is capping mobile hotspot users at 5gigs....So I guess VZW is now the only game in town and you'll live with their rules.

I was gonna mention this yesterday:

Sprint’s Mobile Hotspot To Be Limited To Just 5GB - Android Life: An Android Community Blog
Sprint changing hotspot plans; 5GB data cap starts Oct. 2 | Android Central

This is also interesting:

Dan Hesse says that the Apple iPhone is the number one reason why customers leave Sprint

And to differentiate itself from Verizon and AT&T, Hesse and his staff have been working hard to keep the carrier's unlimited plan, even if it starts offering a data hog like Apple's phone. The staff conducts regular meetings under the title "Thinking Unlimited". Hesse added that Sprint believes offering unlimited service is profitable. "If it becomes unprofitable," said the CEO, "We won't offer it anymore."

Those that think Sprint isnt or wasnt gonna follow suit....like the other 3 major carriers did so far....were just wishing on a star. Sprint hasnt changed unlimited on phones yet, but it can happen. Whats to stop Sprint from saying unprofitable to them is a -$10 difference?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was gonna mention this yesterday:

Sprint’s Mobile Hotspot To Be Limited To Just 5GB - Android Life: An Android Community Blog
Sprint changing hotspot plans; 5GB data cap starts Oct. 2 | Android Central

This is also interesting:

Dan Hesse says that the Apple iPhone is the number one reason why customers leave Sprint

Those that think Sprint isnt or wasnt gonna follow suit....like the other 3 major carriers did so far....were just wishing on a star. Sprint hasnt changed unlimited on phones yet, but it can happen. Whats to stop Sprint from saying unprofitable to them is a -$10 difference?

Yeah, everyone should have seen this coming a mile away. But unfortunately corporate greed and conspiracy theories sound better to some people then what's actually happening. Unlimited mobile data is simply unprofitable to these carriers, and Sprint will definitely move to tiers eventually, and I'd say before another year is up. Would be surprised if they hold out longer then that.

And you're right, whether it's a $10 difference or a $1 difference, if Hesse sees that he can make money, they'll do it.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't find a copy of my actual contract I signed, but in their Customer Agreement it says:

[h=4]What Are Verizon Wireless' Rights to Limit or End Service or End this Agreement?[/h] We can, without notice, limit, suspend or end your Service or any agreement with you for any good cause, including, but not limited to: (1) if you: (a) breach this agreement; (b) resell your Service; (c) use your Service for any illegal purpose, including use that violates trade and economic sanctions and prohibitions promulgated by any U.S. governmental agency; (d) install, deploy or use any regeneration equipment or similar mechanism (for example, a repeater) to originate, amplify, enhance, retransmit or regenerate an RF signal without our permission; (e) steal from or lie to us; or, if you're a Postpay customer, (f) do not pay your bill on time; (g) incur charges larger than a required deposit or billing limit, or materially in excess of your monthly access charges (even if we haven't yet billed the charges); (h) provide credit information we can't verify; or (i) are unable to pay us or go bankrupt; or (2) if you, any user of your device or any line of service on your account, or any account manager on your account: (a) threaten, harass, or use vulgar and/or inappropriate language toward our representatives; (b) interfere with our operations; (c) "spam," or engage in other abusive messaging or calling; (d) modify your device from its manufacturer's specifications; or (e) use your Service in a way that negatively affects our network or other customers. We can also temporarily limit your Service for any operational or governmental reason.

That last line is pretty much a "We can do whatever we want and get away with it" clause. Also, they are covered by:

[h=4]What Are My Rights for Dropped Calls or Interrupted Service?[/h] If you drop a call in your Coverage Area, redial. If it's answered within 5 minutes, call us within 90 days if you're a Postpay customer, or within 45 days if you're a Prepaid customer, and we'll give you a 1–minute airtime credit. If you're a Postpay customer and you lose Service in your Coverage Area for more than 24 hours in a row and we're at fault, call us within 180 days and we'll give you a credit for the time lost. Please be aware that these are your only rights for dropped calls or interrupted Service.

Assuming that "interrupted service" includes data.

androidweirdo

Reaction score

well every time i've called customer service it's been full out crappy, Also verizon tried to switch me to the 2GB tier package without my say so or without notifying me of the changes, But even though i am on unlimited i still like to see how much data i am using and when i had went into the widget it said i went over my monthly allowance so i called CS and the first lady i spoke to had a crappy attitude and was snotty, did not want to do anything so i asked for a supervisor and the supervisor was almost as bad. I argued with that one for a while until she finally decided to fix it. So verizon is a gold digger just sticking their hands in your pockets as they please taking your hard earned money like every other phone company. greedy bastards, so keep an eye on your plan because they will try to change it without your knowledge

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
well every time i've called customer service it's been full out crappy, Also verizon tried to switch me to the 2GB tier package without my say so or without notifying me of the changes, But even though i am on unlimited i still like to see how much data i am using and when i had went into the widget it said i went over my monthly allowance so i called CS and the first lady i spoke to had a crappy attitude and was snotty, did not want to do anything so i asked for a supervisor and the supervisor was almost as bad. I argued with that one for a while until she finally decided to fix it. So verizon is a gold digger just sticking their hands in your pockets as they please taking your hard earned money like every other phone company. greedy bastards, so keep an eye on your plan because they will try to change it without your knowledge

I've been with Verizon I think around 10 or 12 years, and I've never had an issue with them not once. I'm sure there are snotty people with crappy attitudes who work there but that's not the norm, as the customer satisfaction surveys show. Whatever happened to you is an anomaly, believe me.

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Optimizing Our Network. Our Network Optimization practices ensure that you can count on the reliable network you expect. To optimize our network, we manage data connection speeds for a small subset of customers – the top 5% of data users with 3G devices on unlimited data plans – and only in places and at times of 3G network congestion. This ensures that all customers have the best data experience possible.

^^^^^^^just for those who think that they are throttle speeds all the time please see above^^^^^^^

still makes my blood boil:angry:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
<Putting on the Mod Hat>

Let's move back on topic.

<Taking off Mod Hat>

Do y'all think this will ever be lifted, held in place, or just continue to tighten until unlimited plans have been completely phased out?

androidweirdo

Reaction score
I've been with Verizon I think around 10 or 12 years, and I've never had an issue with them not once. I'm sure there are snotty people with crappy attitudes who work there but that's not the norm, as the customer satisfaction surveys show. Whatever happened to you is an anomaly, believe me.

so your saying that out of the almost 30-40 calls 94% of which were unpleasant are abnormal?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
so your saying that out of the almost 30-40 calls 94% of which were unpleasant are abnormal?

You're saying JD Power's surveys of wireless customers who have consistently placed VZW as the best carrier in the US for reliability and customer satisfaction is not legit? Yes, I'm saying your situation is an anomaly. If it was normal, VZW wouldn't consistently be the best ranked carrier every year.

Back on topic, Trusst, I don't think it'll ever be lifted. It's something that probably saves them money so it's doubtful they'd return to how it used to be, especially with 4G becoming more prevalent.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually somewhat surprised that they didn't implement some kind of step that would require the loss of unlimited when going from a 3G to 4G phone... it would make a lot of people unhappy, but it would also virtually guarantee the elimination of unlimited plans over the next year or two.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm actually somewhat surprised that they didn't implement some kind of step that would require the loss of unlimited when going from a 3G to 4G phone... it would make a lot of people unhappy, but it would also virtually guarantee the elimination of unlimited plans over the next year or two.

Yeah me too. I wouldn't have been surprised if they came out with "your phone doesn't support this old data plan" haha...luckily they didn't.

androidweirdo

Reaction score
You're saying JD Power's surveys of wireless customers who have consistently placed VZW as the best carrier in the US for reliability and customer satisfaction is not legit? Yes, I'm saying your situation is an anomaly. If it was normal, VZW wouldn't consistently be the best ranked carrier every year.

Back on topic, Trusst, I don't think it'll ever be lifted. It's something that probably saves them money so it's doubtful they'd return to how it used to be, especially with 4G becoming more prevalent.

yes i'm saying their survey is not legit..... I think that it will continue to tighten down until everyone has moved to 4G tier plans just saying

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes i'm saying their survey is not legit..... I think that it will continue to tighten down until everyone has moved to 4G tier plans just saying

ha ok...i mean if you say that JD Power does not carry out legitimate surveys, there's not much else I can say here haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.