Verizon Nexus Insider

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are excited to bring a new edition to Droid forums google currents in the Nexus Insider. We will look to post news, tips, and info about our beloved Galaxy Nexus and plus it really looks good on the nexus. To those asking "why google current I can just check the forums or use the df app". Yes you can but sometimes on the go or while on a break you just want to get the current news in the android world and on df and google current does that in a visibly pleasing ui. So guys check us out and if you have and tips you want to share or ideas you want to contribute feel free to post here. If we find the tip useful we will add it and give credit to the person who post the tips.

Check us out....and stay current:

Get Google Currents for Android, iPhone and iPad

and to find the Nexus insider do the following: Open google current hit the open book/newspaper looking icon, scroll down toward the bottom and you will see "rescue Squad Tips" and "Verizon Nexus Insider".

Pilot25 you are right it can not be found in search just yet. According to google current we have to hit 200 subscribers to get to the "search level".

So in order to access it you have to click this link from your phone browser: Droid Forums on Google Currents

Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score
no "open book/newspaper looking icon" on currents.

went to library and add but no "droid forums" or "verizon nexus insider" or "rescue squad tips" listed. I checked every category.

Last edited:

robbo323

Reaction score
+1, can't find

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
no "open book/newspaper looking icon" on currents.

went to library and add but no "droid forums" or "verizon nexus insider" or "rescue squad tips" listed. I checked every category.

You won't find them labelled like the terms. From the home screen in Currents, touch the "Add more (+)" icon.
On the next page, don't select any of the categories - just search using the terms "rescue Squad Tips" and
"Verizon Nexus Insider", one at a time. (Don't use the quotation marks)
Each will appear with a RSS symbol but you have to look at the URL for droidforums.net plus whatever else is behind it. Add the first one and go back and search for the other, then add the second.

You will only have one icon in the library on the Currents home page for Droid Forum but both RSS feeds are mixed in the list of posts, at least that is how they are on my Nexus.

Last edited:

vtnerd

Reaction score
I added it, but the posts contained within it are not all of or pertaining to the Nexus. There's stories that go to Thunderbolt and Droid X forums and various other non-Nexus forums.

This is the RSS feed that searching for "Verizon Nexus Insider" returns: <![CDATA[Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum]]> . You can see there is a wide range of topics and most of the posts are not about the Nexus.

So, either I did something wrong or you should consider renaming the feed.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry guys I am fixing this now. Been busy.

pilot25

Reaction score
So it's not a dedicated Currents feed. We are adding an RSS feed?

Little disappointed since we can do that with any reader.

c1im8er

Reaction score
Thanks for the update wanted to make sure others could see it.

Still trying to figure this out. I've tried adding "Verizon Nexus Insider" per the instructions in Post #4, and I've tried adding by clicking on the link (from my phone) from post #7. Both ways result in a feed that has a mix of news from many different topics, not just the Verizon Nexus. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You dont have to add anything its already part of the droidforums current apps.Basically The Nexus insider is just articles that are already part of the droid forums currents. So when you go into droid currents and you hit the newspaper icon you should see stories then near the bottom additional articles (ie Rescue Squad Tips, Nexus Insider, Droid 4 Insider).

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So it's not a dedicated Currents feed. We are adding an RSS feed?

Little disappointed since we can do that with any reader.

Currents is basically an rss feed. But the other df rs feed was plain looking and added forum posts. We cleaned it up added a better look and continue to tweak it. Basically the idea is to provide just news only and in a clean look. We are continuing to work on it and feedback is always helpful.

c1im8er

Reaction score
Currents is basically an rss feed. But the other df rs feed was plain looking and added forum posts. We cleaned it up added a better look and continue to tweak it. Basically the idea is to provide just news only and in a clean look. We are continuing to work on it and feedback is always helpful.

Thank you for the clarification. I thought there was a way to only see the Nexus Insider information without the other news and articles. It all makes sense now. Thanks for all your hard work!

pilot25

Reaction score

Sweet.

So I don't have the newspaper thing anymore. I remember seeing it at some point but it doesn't show up now. I don't know where you see it.

I set up feeds based in the library of the app by hitting "add more." I can hit the magnifying glass and do a search but it only brings up articles and the author. Doesn't specifically say what feed it's from. I know Mossberg is WSJ but it doesn't say WSJ.

Does this help?

If you can get in the library you will get more exposure and easier to set up.

Last edited: